8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Philippians 2:14-18
Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

...standing out by conducting yourself in a manner laid out by God's decrees that, in many ways, conflicts with the general makeup and lifestyle of your time and generation. and this is one way to shine as a unique person.

The apostle Paul goes on to speak about his desire that his preaching of the Word helps to bring forth the strong faith that would cause the Philippians to shine. He then says that, all in all, he will rejoice in his service and the fruit it bears in them, and then states that they should rejoice as well.

God bless and amen.

- just because it is out of the Bible doesn't mean it belongs in another thread that covers the Bible. A book that long covers many topics/issues....and each deserves specific attention.

......................................................................................................................................................-LucasBlack

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
i've always liked this one:

The True Vine

1 I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

·
Registered
649 Posts
MBK said:
i've always liked this one:

The True Vine

1 I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
i was just listening to a podcast of a series by Michael Easley on "I am the Vine".
..actually it's a whole series of the entire "I Am" statements...quite good.

·
Registered
884 Posts
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me”

·
Registered
404 Posts
"For GOD so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have ever lasting life."

John 3:16

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3:pray:

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Translation:
Give, and it shall be given to you. For whatever measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt to you in return.

-Unknown entry

·
Registered
649 Posts
si_civic said:
Translation:
Give, and it shall be given to you. For whatever measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt to you in return.

-Unknown entry

Luke 6:38
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

:smile:

·
Registered
649 Posts
1 Timothy 6:11
'But you, oh man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness."

·
Registered
150 Posts
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. I been sayin' that **** for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a ************ before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some **** this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that **** ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.

Ezekiel 25:17

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ezekiel 25:17
"17 I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the LORD, when I take vengeance on them.' "

here is a correct passage reference.....quentin decided to take a whole lot of artistic license with that part of the movie. the verses prior and the verses following don't even follow what the rest of samuel l. jackson's schpeil(sp?) covers.....ah well.

·
Registered
649 Posts
...all this rain down in Houston sorta reminded me of this verse.

Genesis 9:15b-16
"Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

·
Registered
649 Posts
Titus 1:7-9
For a bishop must be blameless, as a steward of God, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but hospitable, a lover of what is good, sober-minded, just, holy, self-controlled, holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict.
quite the standard to try and live by...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Luke 22:10 "And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in"

·
Registered
649 Posts
Clutchmaster said:
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God."
the thing about that quote is what is actually capitalized - about what is made a proper noun showing a specific reference to an existence of a thing or person.

John1:1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
with "Word" being capitalized, it denotes a meaning more than just what it typically stands for.
John 1:1 is one the most straight-forward verses speaking about the existence of Jesus Christ from the very beginning.

For what is the Word? But the guided preachings of his decrees through his disciples, apostles, judges, and such forth - all this lead by the Spirit of the Lord which exists in those that abide in Him. This why it is the Word of God, for it, in all ways, is His work.
And Jesus was all God before he was sent to this earth in the form of man.
So therefore, the Word of God being with Him, and being Him all in the same, speaks about Jesus' existence right alongside God in the beginning, and how He is all God in himself.

It is the Word.

·
Registered
148 Posts
LucasBlack said:
the thing about that quote is what is actually capitalized - about what is made a proper noun showing a specific reference to an existence of a thing or person.

with "Word" being capitalized, it denotes a meaning more than just what it typically stands for.
John 1:1 is one the most straight-forward verses speaking about the existence of Jesus Christ from the very beginning.

For what is the Word? But the guided preachings of his decrees through his disciples, apostles, judges, and such forth - all this lead by the Spirit of the Lord which exists in those that abide in Him. This why it is the Word of God, for it, in all ways, is His work.
And Jesus was all God before he was sent to this earth in the form of man.
So therefore, the Word of God being with Him, and being Him all in the same, speaks about Jesus' existence right alongside God in the beginning, and how He is all God in himself.

It is the Word.

my bad for not capitalizing

1 - 20 of 123 Posts