8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

161 - 180 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
That video shows clearly how quality parts and the correct combination yields a great output.

Tongman knows this at first hand when his crappy mods were making is car really slow. Then after some suggestion by the members on this forum he went all Skunk2 on I/H and Full Race Exhaust and his ride changed completely. You can see now the great numbers is making in the video.
Correct, I'm glad you brang this up. The lightened flywheel, under drive pulleys, bigger TB and re-tune on his setup are key to mention beside just the bigger intake/ s2 header upgrade.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Engine: 88MM K24a1 / Self Ported K20a2 Head with Kelford B2 Cams
Intake: Self Ported RBC / S2 70MM TB / Custom 70MM Piping w/ Apexi Filter
Exhaust: Buddy Club RH /Invidia Q300 Cat Back
Valvetrain: Supertech .5MM Oversized Valves
Bottom end: 13.3:1 JE pistons, Blue Print Pro I beams, oem main bearings and rod bearings, A2 pump, Hybrid TCT.
Engine management system:Hondata K-Pro
Fuel system: Walbro 255, RC750s, E85 Tuned
Other engine and drivetrain mods: Clutch Masters Stage 4 clutch, K20a2 Tranny 5.07 FD, TSX 6th gear, Wavetrac LSD

Track info: Built for Road Course

Dynapack : 322hp 241 torque (tuner printed out wrong sheet and than ran out of ink)

Compared to my previous setup. Stock Block k20a2 with same head but stage 2 (kelforb b) not 2.2 (kelforb b2)
Super impressed with this build, wicked numbers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Engine: k20z3
Intake: Hybrid racing cold air
Exhaust: K tuned 3in catback
Valvetrain: Stock with kelford 179a
Bottom end: Stock
Engine management system: Hondata
Fuel system: Stock
Other engine and drivetrain mods: P2r tb spacer, Dcrh
Track info: unknown
Dyno: Dyno com

Tuned by Joseph Davis in Ashville Nc
Car will make more power with a better header and ported rbc
Car was choking when vtec open up so keep vtec at 4250 instead of 4000. Dyno graph below

Attachments

·
Registered
2,384 Posts

Car was choking when vtec open up so keep vtec at 4250 instead of 4000. Dyno graph below
That DC Header is holding you back so much. Is considered a sin having that header with cams. I just cant believe it. Is like having a PS4 to plan plants vs zombies.
If I where you I would get a Skunk2 Race Header
Port the RBC to match a ZDX Throttle Body (J37)
RDX Injectors

Do these and I will see you on the around 250's in that same dyno.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

This is about the first real numbers I've seen with Kelford 179a cams..and these are impressive results. Not only do you have a crappy DCRH but you made those numbers with 50% Humidity!! I lose soo much HP when its humid i think its around 225-230whp with my Skunk2 Stage 1 cams. But perfect weather i have hit 245whp/170tq.

I'm confident you are going to make the "Magicial 250WHP" number on this dyno even though a dyno is a tuning tool.

Seems you are thinking in the right direction as far as changing the mods :thumb:

Cant wait til you get better mods, re-dyno and post the results, Thank you! :clapping:

One Question though, Do you have aftermarket wheels? That will also make higher HP numbers with less rolling mass...

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is about the first real numbers I've seen with Kelford 179a cams..and these are impressive results. Not only do you have a crappy DCRH but you made those numbers with 50% Humidity!! I lose soo much HP when its humid i think its around 225-230whp with my Skunk2 Stage 1 cams. But perfect weather i have hit 245whp/170tq.

I'm confident you are going to make the "Magicial 250WHP" number on this dyno even though a dyno is a tuning tool.

Seems you are thinking in the right direction as far as changing the mods :thumb:

Cant wait til you get better mods, re-dyno and post the results, Thank you! :clapping:

One Question though, Do you have aftermarket wheels? That will also make higher HP numbers with less rolling mass...
was on stock wheels 225/45 tires

·
Registered
589 Posts
im also lookin to get the s2 tuner 1's with supertech valvetrain, get my rbc ported and port match it to a j37 throttle body

im currently at 223whp with full bolt ons.....i want 250whp :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
im also lookin to get the s2 tuner 1's with supertech valvetrain, get my rbc ported and port match it to a j37 throttle body

im currently at 223whp with full bolt ons.....i want 250whp :p
at the exact same whp as u, with full bolt ons. i am also planning to do valve train upgrade with cams and a upgraded IM and TB to go with it. What would recommend. Im running hybrid 3.5 cai, s2 alpha header, s2 megapower r exhaust, made 223.7 whp at 159.6 lb/ft torq. I will post up dyno numbers soon, was tuned at Advanced Power House in Toronto, Canada on a dynapack. Of course tuned on flashpro, with other minor mods, stg 2 comp clutch, exedy flywheel, Hybrid Shifter bushings, etc.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Not a legitimate Dyno but according to VD from my latest Datalog I'm making 171HP & 119TRQ.
Completely Stock Z3 Street Tuned FlashPro by me. Seems to be on the lower end of the scale but I'll try to get some real Dyno time.

*Gatta post the graph when I get home, forgot to transfer it to my phone.

·
Registered
220 Posts
K20z3
Intake: Flipped AEM short-ram w/ tbs
Exhaust: Skunk2 header w/ XLR8 3" exhaust
Engine management: Flashpro E-tuned by VitViper

Track info/video: (all season tires) Bolt on Civic Si, [email protected] - YouTube

Power: 210whp
Dyno Video: Spamody's 2010 FG2 Civic Si Dyno @ Hybridworks
Car overview Video: Spamody's 2010 FG2 Civic Si "Wide Open Throttle"

So I upgraded to the Hybrid Racing CAI and RRC throttle body, went back to the same dyno.

Intake: Hybrid CAI, RRC throttle body w/ spacer
Exhaust: Skunk2 header, XLR8 3" exhaust
Engine management: Flashpro, street tuned by myself

Track info/video: [email protected] http://youtu.be/IINsd6bedHs

Power: 218whp with room

·
Registered
220 Posts
Dyno day video of some modded 8th gens (r18's included) and other k20's on the Dynojet at Hybridworks. Good comparison I'd say. Only showing one pull per car but their individual videos are linked in the description. Don't forget HD! Enjoy!:eek:hsnap:

movie
Another dyno day and another video for you guys! 122-455whp, CT supercharged, PRL kit, full bolt-on + tuned, just intake and exhaust..... It's all here, on the same dyno, on the same day. Doesn't get better imo.

161 - 180 of 195 Posts