• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok all, were trying to set up a end of the year meet, where NorCal & Socal people meet up and hang out and do whatever. It should be a fun meet. Keep in mind, meet point should be halfway. We have people coming from Sacramento on the NorCal Side. I estimate it will cost each person $40 in gas, to go there and back, worst case, $50. Since Ayenoc didn't update anything, I thought I would take over and try to make everything more organized. Special thanks goes out to Design & JayDM 07Si for trying to help find a spot!

EVERYONE, PLEASE GRAB A SET OF MOTOROLA WALKIE TALKIES SO WE CAN USE THIS ON THE CRUISE. THIS WAY WE CAN STAY TOGETHER AS A GROUP AND NO ONE WILL GET LOST

Items need for BBQ : Burger patties, buns, hot dogs, hot dog buns, ketchup, mustard, relish, chicken, drinks, charcoal. All I can think of right now. Will add more if needed.

My Contact Info. :AOL Instant Messenger : raregemcards

Date : November 17, 2007

Time : 12:00 pm

Place : Cuesta Canyon Park

Address : 2400 Loomis rd., San Luis Obispo, Ca. 93405

Plan : Hang out, shoot the ****, check out each other rides, have fun, eat, go for a cruise, etc.......

Road to cruise on : to be determined

People who will be attending (depending on dates) :

NorCal :

1. sk33ny - Aaron
2. to177si- Tom (Drink, Charcoal & Fluid)
3. dwn4nythng - Anthony, SI Recovery Team - Newton (Maybe) (Hot Dog & Buns)
4. Harry - Harry (Chips & Sodas)
5. SiRyan - Ryan (its over now, lol)
6. TonyFG2 - Tony (we rep NorCal just as hard)
7. Cornizzy - Cornell (yOu know im down fasho!! Bay Area!!)
8. icrashed - Justin (Hot Dogs & Buns)
9. VEY-Z - John (I'll try)
10. HYPHY SiVIC - BJ
11. VGOT10 - Marvin
12. K20z3 Civic Si [Phong]
13. eckomaster - Lee (Napkins & Plates)
14. Paradox Lost - Rami
15. Dayten - Alden
16. Bwang408
17. 8thgenuser - Warren G in the place to be
18. NavyFlip - Mike (Hot Dogs, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomatoes, & Onions)
19. EJ1 Freak - Mel
20. BlackCivic
21. TronSteez - Depends on date
22. VietStylezz
23. griffinfamous - Ashlee
24. Bboy_Burst -
25. tega06si - Marcos (from fresno)
26. spocheld -
27. mad monkey - (3 radios & Gummy Snacks)
28. 07oemsi -

SoCal :

1. ayenoc - Albert & Leila (Chips & Cookies)
2. My5tiC4L - Albert (Cups & Napkins)
3. Trickyazn - Pat
4. zeuceone -Zeus
5. hizFA5si -
6. Mfinlay04 - Matt
7. Nasif - k20 SDN
8. acrobles - Adrian (Plates, Forks & Spoons)
9. VicSi -Victor (me and my evil pikachu are ready ;-p)
10. mort - Ryan
11. JDoc - Julius
12. Infinite0216 - Anand.. I'm down no matter where it's at! (Few Bags of Chips)
13. djpreview - (Water)
14. watupjoe - Joe (from San Diego)
15. erupt323 -Team Genex rolling deep (LA)(Soda & Chips)
16. Mycivicsi - Mike
17. fg_lover - Tony (Chips, Plates, & Cups)
18. Boltman - (Couple Bottles of Lighter Fluid)
19. si_turbo -
20. 06sichik - (Plastic Silverware & Chips)
21. Nighthawk06Si - (4 Packs of Soda)
22. hizFA5si -
23. Nighthawk R18 - (maybe)
24. galaxyk20 - (Soda & Chips)
25. KIDFG2 -
26. ivtec07 -
27. PWRDByAdobo - Bryan (Hamburger Patties)
28. REVOLT -
29. mInI mE - (hot dogs, buns, cooler, ice and maybe some sodas and water)
30. jacklswack - (Sodas & Chips)
31. healtoc -
32. CaliGuy -
33. Izzy - (Beef Patties)
34. Mikey6p - (Brownie Bites)
35. JDM lover -
36. Celcius - (Will Bring Something Delicious)
37. DarkF1ame -
38. quiet3 -
39. calicr - (2 radios)

·
Premium Member
27,973 Posts
I'd be more than happy to try to organize things if they go down in my home town, Fresno, but as people have said previously, they just don't like Fresno. Lol. There are other locations near the bay that land in the middle, and I'd appreciate it if people that lived there and/or visited there frequently would speak up :].

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Lets start getting things organized and find out where everybody wants to meet.

Just keep in mind, we need a large amount of space. We dont want another Santa Cruz meet... (so no small, popular towns!)

·
Webby's Minion
7,058 Posts
JeShUa said:
I'd be more than happy to try to organize things if they go down in my home town, Fresno, but as people have said previously, they just don't like Fresno. Lol. There are other locations near the bay that land in the middle, and I'd appreciate it if people that lived there and/or visited there frequently would speak up :].
I don't mind Fresno at all. I for one am just not all that familiar with the area. If you know of a kick-ass spot that can handle 30-40 cars, post it up as a suggestion. I think Fresno is a good option as everyone can take an easy ride on Highway 5 then hop on 99 to get there.

From our last NorCal meet this past weekend, the general consensus was to have it near San Luis Obispo. It's easily about half way between SF and LA. Driving distance from Sac to SLO and San Diego to SLO is also about equidistant. The problem I see with the SLO area is that the beaches are really popular on the weekends, so we might not be able to get everyone in on a beach locale. You can bring your car onto the beach at Pismo for a fee, but I doubt people are really willing to get sand all over their precious cars. And what would be the point of meeting at a coastal town if we can't enjoy the coastal scenery?

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like San Luis Obispo or Paso Robles is the halfway point for everyone. The Bay Area people would have to drive just a tad bit more.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
I'm down to drive 3-4 hours south...

Ant...you gonna start harassing people and telling them to contribute to this thread? haha

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Harry said:
I'm down to drive 3-4 hours south...

Ant...you gonna start harassing people and telling them to contribute to this thread? haha
I only have the names of most of the people in the Bay Area.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
does it really matter if we meet in fresno! all we got to do is meet there and do some bbq and shoot S#!t! And cruise from there! It's not like we're going to go to a mall and watch movie or something! what you guys think? :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
27,973 Posts
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=+fresno,+ca&ie=UTF8&ll=36.867536,-119.786253&spn=0.026437,0.053644&z=14&om=1
I left the link in map mode so you see the boundaries of the park, but if you change to satellite mode you can see that there are a few different areas for parking, and whatnot. Its not the most lustrous park, but its not terrible, lol. I'll leave it as an option, but I wont push it as its not as good an area as SLO would be. Also, whats the weather like in December in SLO? I so wish I could go to school there :[.

·
Webby's Minion
7,058 Posts
JeShUa said:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=+fresno,+ca&ie=UTF8&ll=36.867536,-119.786253&spn=0.026437,0.053644&z=14&om=1
I left the link in map mode so you see the boundaries of the park, but if you change to satellite mode you can see that there are a few different areas for parking, and whatnot. Its not the most lustrous park, but its not terrible, lol. I'll leave it as an option, but I wont push it as its not as good an area as SLO would be. Also, whats the weather like in December in SLO? I so wish I could go to school there :[.
Woodward Park sounds like a good spot. And if it happens to rain, we can move it on over to the garage at the River Park shopping complex (as long as we don't get booted out by mall security). That's one area of Fresno I'm sorta familiar with.

December in SLO is pretty pleasant as I recall. When I was a student there, I remember there was one year that was unseasonably warm. We started the Winter Quarter wearing tees and shorts! Of course, there's a chance of rain in the winter. And if there's rain, there's local, isolated flooding due water runoff from nearby mountains.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
NORCAL Peeps will meet in one area and will take over I-5 going down south for this meet! :vtec: We'll be doin' the "Flying V" thing! lol! :laughing: Dwn4nythng will lead the Flying V-tec Squad, V-tec all the way! :dancing: I'll do the "quacking" with my "Duck Horn"! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 303 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.