8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone think trading a 2001 EBP Prelude in for the Civic Si would be a bad choice?...I owe 12k on it now and I believe I can get 13k for the car and if the Civic cost 20k that means I'll only owe the dealership 7k plus a brand new car...whats your thoughts?

· Registered
7 Posts
Well damn I didn't think of it like that..yeah that makes sense...i figure if i traded it in, I'd get around 13k or so for my car but that would be just giving the money back to the dealership that I already owe them so that isn't going towards a new car so I'd owe 19k....that sucks...guess ill just have to keep my prelude, but oh well my prelude is just as fast as the civic si just not as new

· Registered
39 Posts
I got my info directly from Honda.
I still don't understand, are you in a position that honda calls you with their test data, or what? And a 51mph slalom is terrible based on most magazine tests, but maybe they did it differently.

· Registered
2 Posts
webby said:
no date has been officially released by honda. It will come out sometime after the sema show in November. Some dealers have told me it COULD be as late as January, but I doubt this highly.
The nationwide release date on the Civic SI is 12/1. You can expect first deliveries to take place sometime around new year's...but get ready to wait in line. Our dealership has stopped taking orders on the civic ima's and the SI's....because of the crazy demand. We're gonna let them hit the showroon floor and let all hell break loose :eek:hnoes:

Anyways, I'm new here guys! Anyone around the Rockville, MD area here?

· Registered
313 Posts
honda93 said:
I most certainly hope the thing gets to 60 faster than that, which it probably will once the magazines really flog them, because my decision to get the LX Coupe over the Si just got better!
As far as I can tell these are still Honda's numbers, and manufacturer's numbers are usually very conservative. I'm hoping that "real world" Si's can get into the 14s in the quarter. :driving:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.