8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread was created mainly to keep the discussion out of those who bought the Mugen Si's threads.

Feel free to say your opinions about the car.

RULES: Agree or Disagree if you believe its overpriced and give some kind of explanation why.

Saying Its overpriced cuz i say so, isnt a good reason.
Lets not have people make a post like " I would never spend that much on a civic" or " Spending 30k on a civic is just Moronic". saying this is just saying that those who bought the civic are morons and that wont be tolerated by Mods. Lets keep it clean! GO!!:thumb:

Mods feel free to close this thread if you feel it needs to be, but to be honest, I think it would do the site some good.:redface:

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
i actually liked the mugen si when i sit in one. unfortunately my dealer is selling it for 40k, so that is overprice, but if you're talking about the MSRP price, then i think it's an okay deal, well it's still kinda overprice to me a little bit because i can't afford it, other than that it's a fair price.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
I love it, but with the new Cobalt SS i think honda is going to upgrade their cars soon and make an even stronger model Si model in the next few years

·
Registered
188 Posts
$40k? of course thats overpriced. i checked them out too at my local dealer. all your paying for is the mugen parts and suspension. everything else is the same, interior, hp, no change done at all to the performance. what, the base si sedans run like $22-$24k? why pay $17,000 more for nothing extra under the hood. but thats my opinion.

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
There's like 29483975839658658 posts about this car >.<
Search around and you'll see a lot of "debates" and opinions

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's like 29483975839658658 posts about this car >.<
Search around and you'll see a lot of "debates" and opinions
I searched but couldnt find an offical thread. all the others just kinda branched off of a different topic. now back on topic.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
overpriced, with that money you can get a rx8, r32, sti, g35, or a 350z
because it's an ultra rare and very limited civic with almost the same performance as the FG2/FA5. overpriced cause it's rare, not fast.

how many Mugen civic si you see so far in real life compare to the rx8, r32, sti, g35, or a 350z?

or an Evo.....

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Don't you guys think that after these 1000 Mugens are sold, that they might come out w/ an ''extra super limited'' Habi Red Mugen Si? They might make it a coupe this tims...

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Don't you guys think that after these 1000 Mugens are sold, that they might come out w/ an ''extra super limited'' Habi Red Mugen Si? They might make it a coupe this tims...
interesting, but i think if they bring only 500 JDM civic type R to US, it will make people want it even more, and it will cost more than the mugen si which a lot of people already been complaining it's overprice. :eek:hnoes: okay, get back to the topic.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
its overpriced because, even if you care about looks, they dont even give you new body work, just glue on plastic.

and how many rare and limited edition cars have plastic crap glued to their bumpers?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Jesus. Yet another "Mugen" thread.

Haven't we been through all this before, like a billion times?

It's rare. It's basically the same car,but with some nice extras. No performance gains. High price.

Totally worth it to some, Totally overpriced to others.

End of Story.

Why do we need an "official mugen debate thread"?

·
Registered
59 Posts
well considering the sticker price is 30k. my dealership slapped on a $5500 appearance package. for NO reason. it's like a $5500 piss poor car wash. so being close to $40,000 after tax and everything. I'd say it's wayyyy overpriced. I'd get an 08 Civic SI sedan for $20,000. and spend $3000-$5000 to do full suspension, rims, intake, exhaust, hondata, all that good stuff. I'd have a pretty fast SI that can handle like no other. And still be $15,000 cheaper than the Mugen.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, so we are assuming the the cost of the Mugen is at MSRP. lets not say how much the dealer will mark it up. keep it at MSRP

1 - 20 of 123 Posts