8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 08 civic coupe ex and i am planning to lower it using skunk 2 lowering springs and buy a rota d2 17x8.5 but what off set should i go with? i dont want it to rub either....

·
Registered
291 Posts
think of getting another wheel. that width is just too wide to be lowered and not get some rubbing. i had 16x8.5's on my si with S techs. they were like 35mm offset and still rubbed.....but it was just on the plastic liner.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
just get 17x8 ...have a better shot at those

Edit: they might not come in 17x8.......

·
Banned
717 Posts
well thats the problem right there. people thinking that there is an approved offset. i could say, purely for examples sake, a 35 offset. and maybe i could find a wheel, that exact size, and it would work. then you take another wheel of the exact same size and offset and it wont fit. why? style. if you have a wheel the same size and offset, but it has a lip on it, or the spoke move back father for design, etc. all of that changes the way a wheel fits. whoever sells the wheel should have pre-fit and can tell you what will work on your app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.