8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have been wondering and debating how much does the stock EX rims, HFP rims, Si rims weigh, I finally found a vid from College Hills where they did the weight test.

Note: I believe these are 2006-07 wheels, and I don't know if the TPMS adds anything

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IPSz8B4X2KI

HFP 16".................18 lbs
EX Stock 16"..........20 lbs
HFP 17".................20 lbs
Si stock 17"...........23 lbs
HFP 18".................23 lbs
Mugen 18"..............16.5-17 lbs

This should help everyone who's been wanting to lighten up for summer or the track.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Hey. are you guys biased against the DX steelies, the Hybrid alloys, and all the other OEM wheels that fit our cars??
who carres about HFP wheels, they re over priced and sourced out. I think i saw those 18 inch HFPs made by ASA , no joke!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
15 inch steelies are in the neighbor hood of 25LBS
I checked before, change to some oem alloys and drop 10LBS of weight a rim/only bolt on that is worth the money in my opinion

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have checked the weight of my wheels lately and I have to update for some because when I swa the weight of the wheels posted the tire weight was not included so here it goes. Stock Si wheels with a 215 tire weighs 42 pounds and I have recently put rdx rims with a 215/40/18 and they weigh a perfect 50 pounds.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.