8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

2641 - 2656 of 2656 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone have any pictures of an 8th gen civic with these 06-07 Accord wheels? I've tried looking through about 160 pages of this but most of the links to pictures are broken.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I would think they would look very similar to the 2009-2011 EX wheels. Except they are all silver and not the grey/polished look.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would think they would look very similar to the 2009-2011 EX wheels. Except they are all silver and not the grey/polished look.
Yeah. I think these have polished spokes and silver in the middle. These are 17's instead of 16's which I think would look better. These are also a higher offset (55 vs 45) which is why I wanted to see them on an 8th gen.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I need some help ASAP! I've got an 08 Civic Sedan. I wanted to know if I could run 18x8.5 w/45mm Offset front and back. If not, would 18x8 w/45mm offset front and back work? I don't have a problem with running spacers if that'll prevent issues. I'm interested in the 3rd Gen Acura TL A-Spec Rims. Here is the 8.5 and here is the 8. I saw a user on here running A-Spec rims on his Civic Sedan (here's his post) but his own are 18x7.5 w/55mm Offset and he's running spacers. 20mm up front and 15mm in the rear. Any help would be great. Really want these rims on my Civic!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I don't think those specs would be too crazy for the 18x8, but you might need to run some negative camber if it's close to the fender (which it probably will in the rear). I also don't really think you'll need any spacers unless they don't clear your brakes for some reason. Take a look at willtheyfit.com and compare your new specs to your current wheel specs to get an idea of how they will fit.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't think those specs would be too crazy for the 18x8, but you might need to run some negative camber if it's close to the fender (which it probably will in the rear). I also don't really think you'll need any spacers unless they don't clear your brakes for some reason. Take a look at willtheyfit.com and compare your new specs to your current wheel specs to get an idea of how they will fit.
I wouldn't have any rubbing if I stick with the stock ride height would I? I have no desire to lower my Civic anyways. Not only that but where I live the roads are crap so I wouldn't mind raising the suspension a bit either if necessary. I personally prefer an even space between the tire and fender going from one side to the next so. As for tire size I was thinking 235/40/18.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had 18" bronze HFP's on my civic but replaced them recently. I do, however, switch back to the 17" HFPs for the winter but have no need for the 18" if anyone is interested. I actually have a fifth wheel for a full-size spare.

·
Registered
25 Posts
These are 17" Honda Accord wheels with 20mm spacers on my dad's 8th gen. Stock LX suspension. If I had to do it again, I'd go with 15mm spacers as the rear tires rub a little. The tires are 215/45/17 but I'd do 225/45/17 or 215/50/17 next time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I actually powdercoated and refinished my ‘11 SI wheels, on my (non SI) I love these wheels so much, and I think they look great! Little tuck on my D2RS Sport coils. With vintage S800 1970’s (Honda) script emblem. Non reproduction boys, that’s the real deal.
F1592B36-C453-42C9-9AB9-100995910757.jpeg

2641 - 2656 of 2656 Posts
About this Discussion
2.7K Replies
733 Participants
_shlee_
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing