8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched around and really don't see much info about the prices, and or people buying oem rotors. I finally have to replace my brakes on my Si sedan after 70,000 miles. I am happy with the stock brake set up on my car, and I really just want quality pads and rotors that will last. I decided that just using all oem brake equipment would be the best way to go since I got this many miles out of them.

What do you guys suggest as for purchasing? I see that college hills has the pads for decent price. Rotors on the other hand are somewhat steep, but the ones sold at advance/autozone are not much cheaper.

I haven't been much of a great contribution to the site due to graduate school, but I want to say thanks for all the information on the site. I really appreciate the help!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I'd go aftermarket all the way, pads and rotors. Centric rotors are pretty reasonable, but you'll have to Google search for the best price and figure if the savings + shipping charges beat sales tax on more expensive locally available product. If you like OEM pads and don't drive hard enough to find how easily they fade, you may think about the HFP pads as a slight improvement, or, taking my recommendation, try PBR/Axxis ULTs (my favorites - NOPI has good prices).

·
Registered
674 Posts
HFP kit also includes rotors. College Hils was selling the entire kit for $450. Brake pads and rotors for all four wheels!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear that the HFP is not all that. I do not have any experience with slotted rotors and am not sure if they would last as long, even though the rotors would cool more efficiently.

Where would be a good place to get the Brembo blanks, any site sponsors that sell them? 02civic, do you have Brembo blanks, and if so how are they holding up?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I hear that the HFP is not all that. I do not have any experience with slotted rotors and am not sure if they would last as long, even though the rotors would cool more efficiently.

Where would be a good place to get the Brembo blanks, any site sponsors that sell them? 02civic, do you have Brembo blanks, and if so how are they holding up?
Better cooling makes rotors last longer, but slotting has nothing to do with better cooling. Tire Rack, among others, has Brembo rotors, but I've heard that the blanks are hard to come by recently. Centric actually last longer than Brembo, according to folks who use them on the track.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts