8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Honda Civic EX, for the past few months my radio unit has been shorting out, randomly cycling through all the modes (AM/FM, CD, AUX, etc), occasionally turning on and off by itself, LCD screen turning off or dimming, or just static noise blasting through the speakers.

So, I finally decided to replace the unit. I decided to do it myself. I got a replacement unit on eBay. I finally was able to install it today, put the code in, the unit turned on and absolutely no sound, not even a buzzing in the speakers. Checked all fuses, everything was fine. Finally decided to try hooking my original unit back in to see if I blew the speakers or something, nope, the original worked fine, sound right away. Hooked the replacement back up, still no sound.

Upon further inspection I noticed that the radio units are slightly different, they have all the same inputs for the wiring harnesses but they are in a different configuration. Is there anything I can do to make this replacement unit work or is it A) not compatible with my model car B) just defective?

Here are pics of the original (that I was replacing) and the replacement:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
I have a 2007 Honda Civic EX, for the past few months my radio unit has been shorting out, randomly cycling through all the modes (AM/FM, CD, AUX, etc), occasionally turning on and off by itself, LCD screen turning off or dimming, or just static noise blasting through the speakers.

So, I finally decided to replace the unit. I decided to do it myself. I got a replacement unit on eBay. I finally was able to install it today, put the code in, the unit turned on and absolutely no sound, not even a buzzing in the speakers. Checked all fuses, everything was fine. Finally decided to try hooking my original unit back in to see if I blew the speakers or something, nope, the original worked fine, sound right away. Hooked the replacement back up, still no sound.

Upon further inspection I noticed that the radio units are slightly different, they have all the same inputs for the wiring harnesses but they are in a different configuration. Is there anything I can do to make this replacement unit work or is it A) not compatible with my model car B) just defective?

Here are pics of the original (that I was replacing) and the replacement:
Well, do you have a coupe or sedan?
Big difference between both when it comes to stock radio. One has a premium sound, the other does not. Both are VERY different.
Your stock radio should have something like "PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM". You should replace it with one of the same so the amps can work.
If your original radio does not have that logo, then replace one with a radio system without that logo as they do not have powered amps.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
It's a coupe.

I didn't notice anything saying "Premium Audio System," where would that be written?
All EX coupes came from the factory with the premium radio. The amp is located under the passenger seat.

In the pics you've posted of the replacement radio, it shows it came from an EX sedan. This radio does not work with an EX coupe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to bump this i have a similar issue, i bought a 2006 civic coupe came with stock radio, everything works just no sound

can someone confirm my hu is the right one ?

The p/n of my radio is 39101-SNA-A010-M1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bumping this, I have a 2007 EX Coupe with premium sound whose radio is dying alike the one on this thread,

If I buy replacement, will steering wheel controls and amplifier work with it?
Is it just straight swap?

I'm searching this in ebay "2007 honda civic premium radio"

·
Registered
5 Posts
My stock radio is failing likewise, so I'll just be taking mine in to a Best Buy to have the radio replaced because electricity is voodoo black magic to me. If I'm able to talk to the guy about any tips he has for the install I'll report back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My stock radio is failing likewise, so I'll just be taking mine in to a Best Buy to have the radio replaced because electricity is voodoo black magic to me. If I'm able to talk to the guy about any tips he has for the install I'll report back.
Were you able to get it replaced?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts