8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this while surfing car parts. I ran the part number on the popular discount honda part websites with no luck. I suppose this is canadian part number since I found it on a canadian site. Can anyone get a US part number or see if this available in the US?

http://www.shophonda365.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RCESWS

·
Registered
734 Posts
sorry if it's a highjack..but

"*FYI* ALL aftermarket remote start systems will require you to sacrifice (destroy) one of the 3 keys that come standard with the car. This is necessary to defeat the factory IMMOBILIZER anti-theft system standard on all new Hondas. The Genuine Honda remote start kits will not require you to sacrifice a key and keep Honda's IMMOBILIZER system intact."

is bullshit. Any reputable shop knows you don't need to destroy a key for remote start; you may need a key for the install, but it's usable if you ever need to take it out.

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
I just got a compustar alarm put into my car, I do have A/T and love my remote start. I did not have to have a key destroyed to bypass the immobilizer.

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
rmfa said:
Where did you read this? Do you have links to back this up?

If the remote start is not designed for MT cars, installing it means compromising the clutch starter kill switch which is what makes it illegal. They do make remote starters for MT cars that involve a specific procedure to turn off the car, enabling remote start, so the car knows its in neutral and ready to be started.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts