8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 si and had never updated the navigation system. Today I was trying to update it with a more current version. The 06 cd came out, but now when I try to slide the new one in, it will grab it, rotate it once and then it stops half way in the drive.

Anyone have any ideas, or is this a very expensive dealer fix. I am now stuck with no navigation.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in case this happens to anyone else, Honda told me about $300 to fix it. Nothing they can do but order a new navigation unit.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
$300 for a new navigation sounds really cheap, are you sure they are replacing it

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have an 06 si and had never updated the navigation system. Today I was trying to update it with a more current version. The 06 cd came out, but now when I try to slide the new one in, it will grab it, rotate it once and then it stops half way in the drive.

Anyone have any ideas, or is this a very expensive dealer fix. I am now stuck with no navigation.
Have you tried "helping" it go in? I had an 06 Chevy truck that would do the same with the CD player. If I gently pushed the disc as it was going in, it would work every time. If I didnt touch it, it would do exactly what you are describing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts