8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received the glove box light that I ordered from a local Honda dealership. It fits and works perfectly. There's actually a place for it and I think Honda decided not to put one there for whatever reason. It might not be a cheap upgrade for some of us but i feel its worth the money (<$20) and definitely gives the car that oem look, feel, and functionality that some of us are looking for. This is the same light that the Acura CSX uses but CSX parts are not as accessible to many of us here in the US.

2010 Honda Insight Glove Box Light
Part # 34254-SNA-003

You will need two mounting screws, two Butt Connectors (22 Gauge), and wiring. I tapped into #19 in the Fusebox for power and installed the other wire for ground. Oh, don't forget to install a fuse between the fusebox and the light. I didn't get to do a step by step instructions but i think the pictures should be sufficient.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
how u run the wires? did u just run it across ur dash over to the drive side fuse box? im not very proficient with the electrical parts in the car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did mine and it's great!!!! FA5
Excellent! You just confirmed that it works for 4 door as well!

Thanks!

how u run the wires? did u just run it across ur dash over to the drive side fuse box? im not very proficient with the electrical parts in the car.
theres a little plastic piece on the right side of the aux jack that you can take off. it will make it easier for you to fish the wire through.

·
Registered
182 Posts
what is fuse #19 ? Cannot believe my hybrid doesn't have a fuse puller.. where is it on there? I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts