8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys and gals, I'm thinking about picking up a set of these. either the aftermarket versions or oem(i believe the only way to get the fog indicator light is with oem???).

I was wondering however, do they really put much light out on the ground?
or help much in the rain/fog/dust?
I know they look good--just trying to determine the effectiveness for the price and the install, which involves removing the bumper...they also get in the way of a CAI I heard too somewhere on this board too. lol
appreciate any input.
thanks

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I love them. I'm not sure about actually driving around in fog since I live in the desert but the additional light output is noticeable to the ground.

The install is super simple.

Yes I had a little trouble getting the bumper back on with the injen filter in the way. Just had to push it back a little more. not a huge problem at all.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
silver h22 said:
sup guys and gals, I'm thinking about picking up a set of these. either the aftermarket versions or oem(i believe the only way to get the fog indicator light is with oem???).

I was wondering however, do they really put much light out on the ground?
or help much in the rain/fog/dust?
I know they look good--just trying to determine the effectiveness for the price and the install, which involves removing the bumper...they also get in the way of a CAI I heard too somewhere on this board too. lol
appreciate any input.
thanks
The fog light indicator on the dashboard comes on because of the harness, not the lamps. Theoretically, you could install the aftermarket foglights i.e. K2 and use the OEM harness to have the indicator show. I think that the fogs itself hardly help at all. They add a bit of angle, but it's not something that can be easily noticed. I think they would help a lot more if you were to put HIDs in them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have never seen halogen fogs but my hid fogs don't light up that much so halogen must be only for looks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey. i'm new here and didn't wanna start a new thread on fog lights.

anyways, a guy had installed them on his civic and told me to not get them because they break easily from the rocks that hit them. and so i was wondering if that's true or not?

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
the fogs on my grandpas subie do nothing for visability of the driver.. same goes for my moms grand caravann....

and i hate seeing them when im drving becuase there is just 2x more light in your face...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I installed these yesterday and I'm impressed so far. I really like how the bumper looks with them and it lights up the sides more. I got the OEM but I want the yellow lenses. I was thinking of using stain glass paint, but I don't know. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
its simple but dont you need a dremel? why couldnt the kit just come with a full snap on replacement like those for STi's..

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
there is a little cutting required to get the housings into place.. I suppose it was done this way for a couple of reasons

1. those that don't opt for the kit have a stronger bezel in place
2. makes more work for the dealers to install this accessory hence more $$$ for them to sell it

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
do anyone actually drill the hole on the bumper to adjust the fog? as for me i hate drilling holes so i just put the bumper on and try to adjust it before i put the screw on. it a hassle putting it on and taking it off to adjust but once i get it all adjusted then im good all the way. that little more time save me 2 holes on the bumper.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts