8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 100% original paint job on my 09 Si sedan and it only has 9700 miles. I have noticed that right in front of the door on my driver side fender and on the door guard on my rear driver's side door has clear coat peeling off pretty badly. Has anyone else had problems with bad clear on their Si's? I will post pics soon to show how bad it is. My question is will my dealership cover this under warranty?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah whatever not even gonna bother with pics cuz i brought it in and im getting it covered under warranty so if anyone had similar problems dont hold back on having your dealership check it out

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mines is peeling on both sides of the factory skirts. Its pissing me off idk if the dealer will even fix it because ive gotten paint work done bcause of the ctr conversion.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Mines is peeling on both sides of the factory skirts. Its pissing me off idk if the dealer will even fix it because ive gotten paint work done bcause of the ctr conversion.
If its original paint thats peeling its worth a shot taking it to the dealer. If its paint from your conversion take it to whoever painted that and see if they warranty their work

·
Registered
296 Posts
If its original paint thats peeling its worth a shot taking it to the dealer. If its paint from your conversion take it to whoever painted that and see if they warranty their work
Yea its the original paint. Im gonna give it a shot when i go in for a check up.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I know that our paint isn't the best quality, but i wouldn't think people would be having paint issues already. Only thing i have experienced is rock chips due to the thin paint we have. I'm sure warranty will cover it though.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I know that our paint isn't the best quality, but i wouldn't think people would be having paint issues already. Only thing i have experienced is rock chips due to the thin paint we have. I'm sure warranty will cover it though.
Honda cheaped out with the paint quality on our 8th gens

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Good luck. That falls under wear and tear. No dealership will cover items that are wear and tear.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Good luck. That falls under wear and tear. No dealership will cover items that are wear and tear.
Im not talking about the rock chips. I was referring to the clear coat peeling away. It would be BS if they called that wear and tear.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Everyone complains about how honda has fd this up an that up and and how shitty the paint is, all the paint out there on any new mass production cars is crap it has tons to do with the type of paint they are forced to use. Op thanks for the post I almost made another one just had the Si into the dealer for the same problem but mine looks like its only the rear deck wing that the clearcoat is messed up. They took pics of the problem the odometer and the vin and will either replace the whole thing or pay to have it repainted. So if you see this on your car get it in asap since it looks like there isnt going to be any problem getting this problem fixed.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I'm just glad my Civic doesn't the horrendous orange peel that most other cars have. Chevy, Ford, Dodge, BMW...etc. GARBAGE!

·
Registered
347 Posts
got a return call today about fixing the clear coat its all set going into the body shop next week. 3 to 4 days Ill have the car back utill then I get a loner car... think I can con them out of the NSX they have sitting on the used car lot. That ist going to happen but at least I will have wheels while mine is getting painted

1 - 18 of 18 Posts