8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not really. :laughing: But, it sure looks like it! It's the CiG Blue Bluetooth Phone System. You can read about it at their website. I had it installed at Al & Ed's in Costa Mesa, CA. The unit itself costs $299 but it's well-worth it. It installs right into the cigarette lighter and uses the existing sound system (I have OEM navigation), paired seamlessly with my iPhone and it sounds great! One downfall though--it doesn't mute the radio; you have to do it manually. However, I still recommend it! Here are some pics:

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
The thread title is misleading. Mobuis, check out the website thats in the OP's post.

http://www.vizualogic.com/cig_blue.html said:
Now you can enjoy Bluetooth safety and convenience on the road with the CiG-Blue Bluetooth Phone System from Vizualogic.

This new hands-free system features a clean original equipment look and works with most Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones. Quality sound plays through the vehicle’s speakers. Other features include audio system mute, voice dialing and quick easy installation.

Stay Safe on the Road!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MobiusTech said:
wat does it do?
its adds bluetooth functionality to your car, using your existing stereo system.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Cool - where is your mic mounted at? Post a picture please.

"Seems" like a fairly simple install. Did your $299 cost include the audio harness(es)? or were they extra? or worse were they custom?

How do you use it? (I think I know, but it would be nice to really know given the mute is manual on your part).

I'm interested as, (1) I have BT phones, (2) as my EX has a 2nd accessory slot in the arm rest I can find power for other devices there (or better from free slots in the fuse box) - (3) it's a cool modification.

Thanks for the post!

-W

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wally said:
Cool - where is your mic mounted at? Post a picture please.

"Seems" like a fairly simple install. Did your $299 cost include the audio harness(es)? or were they extra? or worse were they custom?

How do you use it? (I think I know, but it would be nice to really know given the mute is manual on your part).

I'm interested as, (1) I have BT phones, (2) as my EX has a 2nd accessory slot in the arm rest I can find power for other devices there (or better from free slots in the fuse box) - (3) it's a cool modification.

Thanks for the post!

-W
The mic is installed in the top, left corner of the windshield.

$299 included the harness.

You use it by pressing the button to answer, hang-up, and raise the volume. You can even use voice-dialing if your phone supports it. Also, when the phone rings, it rings through your driver-side speaker. However, you have to lower/mute the stereo volume yourself--it doesn't do it for you like the parrot kit. Unlike the parrot kit though, it looks completely OEM.

Let me know if you need any more info or pics!

·
Registered
44 Posts
looks great, how is the sound quality, I've read that parrot kits have great sound... I'm planning on getting the ck3000 evolution

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jwon985 said:
looks awesome. :)
how was the install?
I don't know. Al & Ed's (install shop) took an hour and a half to do it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zelmac said:
looks great, how is the sound quality, I've read that parrot kits have great sound... I'm planning on getting the ck3000 evolution
sound quality is stellar! nobody complains about hearing me. and, i can hear everyone through the sound system. i liked the parrot. the only thing was that it didn't look OEM enough for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts