8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
You need a spacer... I had stock Evo VIII wheels, definately need a spacer, which threw me off, because I didn't want to run them on my car, because I plan on making quite a bit of power, and occasionally tracking the car, and I don't wanna run spacers if I am tracking my car...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Dumb question, but what is the difference between offset and spacers?
Also, doesnt one of them(dont remember which one) have the potential for vibration at highway speeds?

·
Banned
717 Posts
offset is the variable of how far the wheel sits away from the hub of the vehlicle for brake clearance. if you use spacers, which some people do, you dont allow yourself the full torque capability that is reccomended for all of the threads of the lugs.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
whats wrong with running spcaers? I ran them on a 500whp srt-4 and road raced and 1/4 miled my car quite a few times... oh and daily drove it too.. no problems here...

But I guess you could be like the other idiots on SRTForums.com and NOT torque your lug nuts down properly and have 3 out of 4 wheels fall off while auto-x'ing the car...

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I believe it that it does work. and it does look good. i put my Buddys extra wheel next too my car and it looked pretty sexxxxy if you find a set for a good deal dont sleep on it.. i did and im still on stocks.oh well..i ended up getting my exhaust.haha...good selection on wheels. hope you get them and we can see some pics.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Yes it will, I am running 18x9 35mm on a 235/35/18 lowered on a eibach sportline kit. I had a lot of rubbing untill I massaged the inner fender with my hammer.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
offset is the variable of how far the wheel sits away from the hub of the vehlicle for brake clearance. if you use spacers, which some people do, you dont allow yourself the full torque capability that is reccomended for all of the threads of the lugs.
I am not dead certain but I think that that is incorrect. If the above is true then a +35mm offset would mean that the wheel face would sit closer to the hub than a +45mm.

Pretty sure that the offset off the wheel is measured from from the centerline of the barrel. A positive being towards the face and negative towards the rear of the barrell.

Note that this isnt to scale.
RWD MD FWD
-10 -5 0 30 35 40 45

Rear wheel drive is self explanitory as is FWD, but the Mid Drive is a little tricky. It usally describes import SUV's that are actually RWD or AWD.

·
Registered
145 Posts
u would probably need hubcentric rings as the evo's hub bore is 67.1 and i believe the Si's to be 64.1

ill definitely be doing this.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Yes you need a hub centric ring and you need new lug nuts. Honda uses a ball type seating area and 98% of the rest of the world uses a conecle design.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I was going to make a new thread but decided to keep using this one and revive it from the dead. Does any know a good place online to order hubcentric rings or if a local wheels shop would have them. Also I have Acorn Lugnuts in my garage but was told it wont work on stock will they work on a set of BBS wheels if I got some

·
Registered
145 Posts
ebay or most tire/wheel shops should carry them. call and ask. also acorn nuts work on your bbs wheels.

please take pics when your done i wanna see how the mr bbs looks on a nhbp fa5

1 - 16 of 16 Posts