8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the bass kit speakers replace the stock rear speakers in the car? I am wondering if it's just worth it to just get aftermarket speakers to replace it, or do the bass in the oem speakers really sound pretty good? I'm not trying to win any bass competitions, but I would like my sound to be a little better.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
well ive asked about it before and i was quoted $439 installed. that is outstanding! i mean you arent even going to hear it that much. your rear speakers are what they call filler speakers. you hear all your crisp sounds from your front doors and tweets, and your rears are just to kinda fill up some space, so to speak. i would def. go aftermarket. if you want a little more bass, then look for a low frequency speakers for your rear deck. i think there is some people on here that have replaced the rear sub with a low profile pioneer premire sub. if you want more sound, then i would look for some aftermarket components for the front. i personally dont like the loud music but i like nice and clear music. i got the pioneer avic-d3 and it amplified my speakers just right. i was then able to tweak the settings on the h/u to my likings. a new h/u might be an alternate route. its all up to what you like.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ameuba10 said:
well ive asked about it before and i was quoted $439 installed. that is outstanding! i mean you arent even going to hear it that much. your rear speakers are what they call filler speakers. you hear all your crisp sounds from your front doors and tweets, and your rears are just to kinda fill up some space, so to speak. i would def. go aftermarket. if you want a little more bass, then look for a low frequency speakers for your rear deck. i think there is some people on here that have replaced the rear sub with a low profile pioneer premire sub. if you want more sound, then i would look for some aftermarket components for the front. i personally dont like the loud music but i like nice and clear music. i got the pioneer avic-d3 and it amplified my speakers just right. i was then able to tweak the settings on the h/u to my likings. a new h/u might be an alternate route. its all up to what you like.
the avic-d3 really looks good. would you be able to hook up the steering wheel controls to that? Thanks for the info on the speakers... I might just settle for what I have, but upgrade the h/u now. :)

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
the d3 offers many different upgrades like steering wheel controls, bluetooth, xm, sirus, ipod, and backup camera. i have the ipod cable and the bluetooth adapter. love em both. really though, i didnt expect the sound to come out like it did. there are a billion and a half threads on the d3. just search it up or you can PM me and ill take you some pics or give you some more info or whatnot.

·
Registered
134 Posts
seattlecivic said:
Do the bass kit speakers replace the stock rear speakers in the car? I am wondering if it's just worth it to just get aftermarket speakers to replace it, or do the bass in the oem speakers really sound pretty good? I'm not trying to win any bass competitions, but I would like my sound to be a little better.
Yes, the bass kit includes new rear speakers and a small amp with a bass boost. Problem is, if you turn up the bass it distorts badly. It's an improvement over stock but not worth the money IMO. After about two months, I went with an aftermarket sub in the trunk instead.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you have the premium sound system you can keep the factory HU and put your money in to a good set of speakers and an amp. You can do a trunk sub also. The factory HU is actually a good clean source and when connected the correct way to the right amp the sound is fantastic. If you are interested I can tell you how to do it and you won’t have to cut or tap any factory wires. The best part is you keep the factory look and get rid of the small factory amp and its eq.

jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts