8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've got a problem with my girlfriends 07 LX Civic Coupe. The alarm will go off at random,whether its two seconds after she has set the alarm or 10 hours. it will also go off many times with in a very short period. We have already taken it to Honda twice with no luck, we even replaced one of the door sensors thinking it was the culprit(obviously it wasn't). The Honda tech said that he was stumped and he was leaning towards the after-market head-unit triggering the alarm. I am skeptical about the head-unit being the cause but thats the only lead we have. The head-unit is an Pioneer AVIC-D3 with a Metra wiring harness. if you have any insight that may help us track the problem down i would be very grateful. Thanks,Marc

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I'm leaning towards the car being haunted. J/K. If you have the factory head unit, reinstall it and give it a few days. If no alarm, you found the problem. If it does sound, then you may want to look into the car’s electrical system. A fuse, frayed wire or faulty relay. Instead of going to Honda, try to find a low cost alarm installer to check it out. Those guys usually are a lil more gifted in that area. The only reason why I wouldn’t try to do anything on it yourself is because alarms are tricky systems. One mistake and you can shut down your car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
others have had this problem as well ... heres a thread about, included in the thread are some other threads too

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mechanical-problems-technical-chat/188002-factory-alarm-going-nuts.html
Thanks,I read that thread and the ones linked inside of it without much luck.

I'm leaning towards the car being haunted. J/K. If you have the factory head unit, reinstall it and give it a few days. If no alarm, you found the problem. If it does sound, then you may want to look into the car’s electrical system. A fuse, frayed wire or faulty relay. Instead of going to Honda, try to find a low cost alarm installer to check it out. Those guys usually are a lil more gifted in that area. The only reason why I wouldn’t try to do anything on it yourself is because alarms are tricky systems. One mistake and you can shut down your car.
Yea putting the oem radio in is my next step in trying to figure this out.
Do you guys know if Honda just uses a diagnostics tool to look for the problem with sensors or do they go into further detail. I feel as though because the car is under warranty they are just kind of pushing the car away.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Thanks,I read that thread and the ones linked inside of it without much luck.

Yea putting the oem radio in is my next step in trying to figure this out.
Do you guys know if Honda just uses a diagnostics tool to look for the problem with sensors or do they go into further detail. I feel as though because the car is under warranty they are just kind of pushing the car away.

Some dealers will do that. I say put the OEM back in and take it up to them. Tell them the alarm is going crazy and you don't know why. If the warranty is effective, they have to honor it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some dealers will do that. I say put the OEM back in and take it up to them. Tell them the alarm is going crazy and you don't know why. If the warranty is effective, they have to honor it.
Well it has already been at the dealer twice and they say they can't find a single thing wrong with it. I'm going to swap in the factory headunit today after class and I'll give it a few days and see what happens I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts