8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a FG1 and my front bumper has a lot of issues: screw holes broke, its dented both sides where it meets the headlights, it has a three inches crack below the fog lights, anyway bunch of it.

I’m about to do suspensions works and get it new tires and I was also thinking on replace the bumper, but here is the dilemma: OE replace bumpers costs less than 100 dollars on websites like carparts or ebay; but would it look like OEM? Or will worth the shot to get an OEM for like 300-400 hundred dollars? I want the front look as sleek as possible and I would spend it, but who does not want to save a couple hundred bucks?

·
Super Moderator
2,510 Posts
I've had aftermarket bumpers and they suck as far as fitment is concerned. It will look just fine, so long as you leave it alone, but you seem to be one of us....... someone who mods their cars and repeated take off the bumper. OEM bumpers are just made to a different standard and will not make your life miserable. I presently have an OEM bumper and it fits awesome, goes on easier, never leaves gaps when I put it one, etc etc. I've taken my front bumper off probably 50x by now. For me, those few extra hundred bucks avoid headaches for me..... worth it (again, for me).

Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about HFP bumpers and skirts? I’m planning on get the whole set but where should I get it from?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had aftermarket bumpers and they suck as far as fitment is concerned. It will look just fine, so long as you leave it alone, but you seem to be one of us....... someone who mods their cars and repeated take off the bumper. OEM bumpers are just made to a different standard and will not make your life miserable. I presently have an OEM bumper and it fits awesome, goes on easier, never leaves gaps when I put it one, etc etc. I've taken my front bumper off probably 50x by now. For me, those few extra hundred bucks avoid headaches for me..... worth it (again, for me).

Good luck!
Have you get HFP bumpers and skirts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts