8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm sure there have been alot of you who have seen the obx tbs and gaskets on ebay for like $62.00 shipped. I looked on here and did not see any threads concerning this spacer. I was wondering if anyone has any info on it (hp gains, problems, etc). I just didnt know if anyone had installed one and had some feedback for me before i purchased one. (Or should i just drop the $125 for a P2R and gaskets???)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
ebay has the helix spacers.. i have one.. and at part throttle it does sound like it has an whicked atmo. blow off valve with a cai... I would strongly recommend getting the p2r tbg.. both of them.. or knockoffs since they're all the same.. the gaskets that come with the helix are too large for the bore and the iac motor will catch hell.. i learned from experience.. you'll see when you buy one... :)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
ebay has the helix spacers.. i have one.. and at part throttle it does sound like it has an whicked atmo. blow off valve with a cai... I would strongly recommend getting the p2r tbg.. both of them.. or knockoffs since they're all the same.. the gaskets that come with the helix are too large for the bore and the iac motor will catch hell.. i learned from experience.. you'll see when you buy one... :)
thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info on the Helix spacer. I will def be considering that one too... But does anyone have one of the OBX spacers? I think that it looks good on ebay, but i just dont want to throw away $60 on a cheap ebay part.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
that is very true zeuce.. i bypassed the coolant lines going into the t/b.. they seem to be holding up fine.. i pulled it off the other day to check for that. :D But they seem to be the same as the corsport and the hondata when it comes to material.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.