8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just gifted an OBD2 scanner and I thought it would be perfect to test out since I still need to get an inspection done. As I did an emission test with it and got back all green checks. But it also threw me a code of P0352 (Ignition Coil B, Primary/ secondary circuit). But when I drove the car prior, the CEL never came on. Should I only be worried if the CEL comes on or not at all and fix the issue whenever I get a chance?

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
That is the ignition coil. A quick google leads to cylinder #2 ignition coil.
Swap it with a different one from another cylinder but mark that cylinder #2 ignition coil. Reset codes and see if the same code comes back or another code comes on.
If the same code comes on, then look for melted or correded wires. If a code comes on but for another cylinder which now has cylinder#2 ignition coil in, then you know that coil is faulty.
Buy a new one, replace it and call it a day.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just remembered too, I just changed the spark plugs a week ago and I had an incident where I started the car and forgot to plug in the wire harness for that specific cylinder, which in turn, caused a CEL. The CEL went away shortly after. Could that be it and just clear the codes since that was the only reason the CEL went off before and showing up only on the OBD2?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts