8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fellow new yorkers, what tint % u guys got and any issues with the cops??

bout to get tints this weekend, and debating how dark to go. i was thinking 20% even tho the law is 70%...

some feedback guys!

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
i have 35% and i have driven past a tint trap before. they didnt even check me. but this is in Yonkers not the city

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
35% out on long island. not had a problem yet. my last car had 35 also and never had a problem. id recommend not pushing it with the 20%...

is it really worth stressing out over everytime you see a cop to get the 15% darker tint?...for me it wasnt.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
i have florida insurance so i had 20%, i used to have 5% on my other car. id recommend it tho.. unless you wanna get messed with, but dont do 2 diff tints, looks lame just do same tint all around.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jay3151 said:
i had 35% all around and removed the front cuz i got pulled over. next im doin is 50% all around.
front u mean driver and passenger windows right? not front windshield..

thanks for the input guys,

·
Registered
263 Posts
illmaticone said:
front u mean driver and passenger windows right? not front windshield..

thanks for the input guys,
in my Ep3 i had 35% all around with 50% front windshield never got a ticket. Pulled over once but was let go with no harm...

front windshield tint rockss!!:hitit:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also have 35% on my sedan. Just had it done last week. Struggled with the possibility of going 20% on the rear side windows and/or the rear window. In the end, I went with 35% all around and am happy with my decision. It's dark enough for me, especially with the black interior, but not too dark in daylight so as to attract attention from police. Also, if you leave the sunshade open on the sunroof it will make the front side windows look lighter if you are still concerned. Anything lighter than 35% didn't seem worth it to me. Besides, even at 50% on the front sides you are not legal, so might as well get 35% which looks much better. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
jay3151 said:
35% wont be too noticable but if u get pulled over for speedin or somthn the cop will look around and see if theres anything he can ticket you more for.
Haaaaaa, I'll bring pics to the BBQ of nannas Volvo wagon. 15% tint-black on black. Cops look, but never say any thing.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
well thats what cops do they will look but not worth giving u a fixit ticket. if ur not doin nothing wrong u can get away w alot of things.

now if ur speeding they will try to get you for the tints and soem other things. i got charge for speeding got that ticket and got the tints removed cuz i didnt want to pay the 150 charge.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
jay3151 said:
well thats what cops do they will look but not worth giving u a fixit ticket. if ur not doin nothing wrong u can get away w alot of things.

now if ur speeding they will try to get you for the tints and soem other things. i got charge for speeding got that ticket and got the tints removed cuz i didnt want to pay the 150 charge.
Years ago street racers usta put a switch on one rear light. They would turn it off so the cop could give a ticket for the light out rather than a speeding ticket. (did work)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts