8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Badarse if they bring back the NSX, good luck becoming tier 1 status luxury. The name "Acura" doesn't exactly scream luxury or sound remotely exotic.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
does bavarian motor works (BMW)? lol
Most people don't know what BMW stands for. It has obviously built its name up from the beginning. Acura has been left in the dust with design and luxury. Sure they emphasize technology, but it's not enough for people to change their perception of the brand. The Integra, RSX etc were "hs/college/kiddie cars" people graduate away from Honda and Acura with age.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most people don't know what BMW stands for. It has obviously built its name up from the beginning. Acura has been left in the dust with design and luxury. Sure they emphasize technology, but it's not enough for people to change their perception of the brand. The Integra, RSX etc were "hs/college/kiddie cars" people graduate away from Honda and Acura with age.
yea im not really feelin the big mustache grill... but if/when the nsx does come back i have a feeling the mustache will be shaved

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

Acura-Tsx, tl sh-awd mdx...rdx turbo...

Honda- Accord, Crv, Fit, element, ridgeline, maybe s2k(not after 09 :(..)

people enroll right into those then.:dancing:

·
Registered
341 Posts
it would be pretty cool to see the nsx. but the nasty ass grills on the new acuras seemed to be a step in the wrong direction if they wanted to tier 1 lux. the tsx is too entry level. its so close to the civic imo. as is the tsx to the accord. the rl and the crossovers seem to be good but the tsx should go bye bye and the tl should slim down a bit and compete with the lexus is. lastly they should put a more wallet friendly(than the rl) sedan in the mix. ad the nsx and maybe that other crossover they are talked bout in the artical and shave those nasty grills and they would be in good shape.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Not really news to me, no automaker is going to pour R/D to just throw it away. Think of it as a temporary shelved project in lieu of the current economic climate.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
NSX <3 i hope it's coming back. so we can see it eat GT-R's

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
^ +1

I want Honda to show the world what its capable of. I would love to see an NSX run circles around a ZR-1 also.

·
Registered
21,213 Posts
^ +1

I want Honda to show the world what its capable of. I would love to see an NSX run circles around a ZR-1 also.
Bragging rights don't generate money, selling cars does.

Honda is concerned that no one will buy the NSX.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
eh, its an un-necessary car.

put it back on the shelf. Theyre only bringing it back for bragging rights. Damn cars are so expensive these days, whats the point.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Bragging rights don't generate money, selling cars does.

Honda is concerned that no one will buy the NSX.

yes i understand that, but as a car enthusiast or a honda fan don't you think that they should have some sort of a super car?

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
^ +1

I want them so show us that their capable of too. Just not with an NSX. Give us an affordable Si that has some damn power. And i dont just mean 20 or 30 more HP either. Im talking something with at least 300 hp for less than 30K.

hell with a 100K + super car.

·
Registered
21,213 Posts
yes i understand that, but as a car enthusiast or a honda fan don't you think that they should have some sort of a super car?
Yeah, but what's the point if no one buys it? I'm pretty sure no one here has the money to buy it.

The supercar market is already saturated with a plethora of choices anyway, so who's to say anybody with the money would buy it?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts