8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

I've been shopping around, on a very tight budget, and I came across an NST Crank pulley (not the full set, just the crank) and was wondering if anybody thinks it is worth it?

Other mods I was considering were P2R fuel rail and/or P2R IMG. I'm very indecisive.

Let me know what you think! I'm going more for performance as of now.

Current Mods:
AEM SRI
Helix TBS + Gaskets
DCRH
Apex'i Noir Catback

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where were you able to get the other two pulleys? The idle and alternator I believe.
Sorry to be a noob, but "free up rev" meaning what exactly?

In your just opinion, would you rather have a fuel rail, img, or pulley?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but I have a NST set available that is brand new and going for cheap. PM me.

·
Registered
931 Posts
The NST pulleys are cheap easily reliable 4-5 ft.lb gain throughout the power band. They are a worthwhile mod and are well made, the only thing to be aware of is that the crank pulley bolt is difficult but not impossible to remove, and the alternator bolt requires some finess as well.

Also, be aware that you may want to apply some grease to the inside of the NST crank pulley when you install it, (I actually polished mine, and then greased it) so that when you go to remove it someday you don't have to destroy to do so, as I have seem several times, its a very good tight fit as it should be but on some cars is a little too tight.

Steve

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, I actually went a little different route and ended up purchasing the Unorthodox Racing Pulley kit. They'll be installed on Wednesday so wish me luck! Opinions are welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts