8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
I'm going to say no, b/c our hand brakes are weird shaped and tough to get any aftermarket replacements. These look like they screw on, our handles have no "female/male" part that this will fit. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I'm going to say no, b/c our hand brakes are weird shaped and tough to get any aftermarket replacements. These look like they screw on, our handles have no "female/male" part that this will fit. someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct. The 8th gen Civic handbrake is a “S” curved assembly, and there isn’t any aftermarket replacement.

To OP, just leave it alone. I swear some ppl just try to find an excuse to unnecessarily mod their car just to make it more “rice”.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have sent a sample to a manufacturer for aftermarket replacements, I hope to have stocks by end November/ Price should be $12-15/pc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct. The 8th gen Civic handbrake is a “S” curved assembly, and there isn’t any aftermarket replacement.

To OP, just leave it alone. I swear some ppl just try to find an excuse to unnecessarily mod their car just to make it more “rice”.
LMAO. I wanted to change my handbrake cover cuz it's broken. But I guess I'll stick to getting a new poem for it. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
I agree that some mods are totally "rice", but I did manage to find a leather cover for the handbrake on aliexpress a few years back. I'm jumped on it knowing that products sometimes disappear b/c of zero demand. Anyway, I found one with "brown/yellow" stitching. I have an R18 and wanted to "class things up", LOL.

finished product:

You can still find it, but with red stitching.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree that some mods are totally "rice", but I did manage to find a leather cover for the handbrake on aliexpress a few years back. I'm jumped on it knowing that products sometimes disappear b/c of zero demand. Anyway, I found one with "brown/yellow" stitching. I have an R18 and wanted to "class things up", LOL.

finished product:

You can still find it, but with red stitching.
Looks pretty good actually! Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts