8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started looking at the civics in January. I went into Portland Street Honda in Dartmouth to check them out. There were about 5 salesmen standing around and never seemed interested in giving me the time of day. I walked around the showroom for a couple of more minutes and still no one approached me. Weird, since january is not a good month to sell cars I thought they'd be hungry for business. I walked out. I went into Colonial Honda in Halifax. I wanted a Habenaro red one. They never had one. They had a dxg in galaxy grey. The salesman was great and even sold the civic below sticker price plus free $20 key chain and touch up paint. After a month of driving it I knew I made a mistake. I liked the color but still wanted the Habenaro. Plus I sucked bad shifting the 5 speed (starting in 1st and going into 3rd major pain). I went back to Colonial and tried to work a deal to trade it on an Si in Habenaro. I'd have to wait 6 weeks to get it. I called Bridgewater Honda and they were getting a habenaro >2 week. They were $1900 cheaper than Colonial. I love the easy shifting Si. Many Thanks to :rockwoot: Greg Burgoyne :rockwoot: Of Bridgewater Honda.:driving:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Too bad to hear that you had a bad experience with halifax dealerships but freat to hear you got the car you wanted. I'm waiting for my Fiji Blue Si from Portland Street as we speak.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rallyfocus
Too bad to hear that you had a bad experience with halifax dealerships but freat to hear you got the car you wanted. I'm waiting for my Fiji Blue Si from Portland Street as we speak.

By now you must have your new ride. Very tight and smooth eh?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I know this is an old thread but it is weird how the dealerships close to home will never deal with you. I live in Bridgewater and I had to go to New Glasgow to get my Si, because they wouldn't get me what I wanted. They wouldn't even look to see if there was one in Nova Scotia.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I bought mine at Ceilidh in New Glasgow from from Trevor Stinson. Great guy, turns out the majority of my friends bought their Civic's from him too because he actually takes the 18-25 year-old demographic seriously. Whoever looks after their used cars also does a great job, nothing but quality, reconditioned used cars. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another car from them again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts