8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been milling around on the site for a while well before i joined and i was reading about all the grand amounts of power we can squeeze out of our lil 2.0's. We are now into our third model year of the k20z3 and theres still only greddy, comptech, and ajp who all have working (let alone existing ...redshift) forced induction componants for our machines. my question is how is it that freakin difficult to get this to work and work well. it seems to me that no one out there even gives a crap about our hondas... not with STI's, Evo's, SRT-4's, Gti's and the whole other range of cars that make the front page of your favorite tuner magazine. I mean greddy had their initial kit out a few months after the 06 SI hit the market... granted it had bugs but it was an option. it can't be that difficult after 3 years. so my question is where the hell are our big power making options..... (and if you redshift guys comment on anything else besides the shipping date of your finished SC/turbo projects i'll ask for you to be removed from this thread... get off the computer and finish what you started)

·
Registered
785 Posts
^ yea to the patience. hopefully redshift will be out next year, but just give em time. products have been coming out slow but sure and they probably will continue to. i would definitly rather have something that went through thorough R&D and produces the serious gains/reliability everyone seeks than just have companies turning out moneymaking gimmicks. waiting is always the hardest part and i know we all want this stuff more everyday ("kpro", redshift, etc.). until then i'll be happy with the car i already love and eat my popcorn. :popcorn:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
just saying... to me 3 years is enough time to do thorough R&D

also to pass the buck... where is hondata with its "kpro". with the buzy this car made before it ame to market you'd think a flood of companies would of had their hands on them first thing and by now had some seriously reliable systems that spew power.... but no they are just kinda sorta starting to give our cars the attention they deserve.... if i had any means of working on this i would absolutely do so... but i don't

all this because i'm tired of seeing getting our doors blown in on the highway by POS cars, as all our N/A bolt ons equate to -$$$$$$$ and +.000001 hp and alot of people laughing at us... someone please create the monster.... pronto

·
Registered
170 Posts
meh...
i don't c the need 2 complain. look what is out for the r18.
and my other car has already been discontinued for 8years... almsot 9... from the 1st year it was introduced until now..there has only been one sc and one turbo kit. all of them for a gain of less than 100whp. and were about 5000... so everybody goes custom

so.. really.. i dun think u got nething to complain about... u could always go custom...

·
Registered
785 Posts
all this because i'm tired of seeing getting our doors blown in on the highway by POS cars, as all our N/A bolt ons equate to -$$$$$$$ and +.000001 hp and alot of people laughing at us... someone please create the monster.... pronto
i do feel ya on that. like how all the road tests compare the ms3, gti, and si and the si gets last because it's slower. well yea, they all have turbos and we're keeping up n/a! get a good means of f/i / tuning and watch out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
well im sick of waiting as well may be you should take 3k and buy a welder and then learn how to weld then get good stainless steel and good turbo and all the parts then take a computer class and learn how to write a program then take 3 years to understand all the inputs just you throttle body has then in 2010 you could have your own kit and make millions. then maybe i could too. or.........we could let the people that know what there doing do it...........drive by wire could be holding up kpro........why dont you write honda and tell them your pissed

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
for the 27.9 millions time its not the DBW thats the problem. jesus.
and theres FI solutions out there that are plenty good for options unless you plan on going super high horsepower unstreetable set ups. i aggree i'd rather see k-pro come out and even if i never upgraded to stage 2 i'd retune with kpro just for the more percise control. but just because kpro isnt out doesnt mean theres NO options. and redshift will be out pretty soon if im not mistaken so its coming along nicely. if i remember correctly they didnt crack the rsx overnight either.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
you guys dont really need to worry about anything....i still waiting on a kit my the r18....and yeah yeah i know..."you should have gotten an Si"

i just enjoy being different...thanx and i nice when people ask "is that an si" lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
agreee but..........what about the cam's???? how do they work?????? I bet kpro is being held up by dbw......heres a thought by next year when there is more then 4or5 companys needed kpro and they all sell maybe totall 500 kits to every the that would put a fire under doug to get it done. or maybe it cant.........i mean tell me whats diffrent machanicly from the k20a2 and z3???? besides DBW????

·
Registered
6 Posts
you guys dont really need to worry about anything....i still waiting on a kit my the r18....and yeah yeah i know..."you should have gotten an Si"
not to hate but im thinkin this will take forever because what i heard is that when your driving at cruise on the highway your throttle body gose to w.o.t
and the cams phase in such a way to me your 1.8l to get the gass mileage as a 1.5l

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
^ and the r18 is almost 200 lbs lighter..member?

But anyways i love my si, and i cant wait for a nice turbo setup to come out. i mean greddy is good and all, but i want something with a little more kick, easy to tune, and more reliable once tuned.

every time i hear an sti or wrx drive by with an exhuast i sometimes think why i didnt get that car.

I love my si. And its a honda, what else can I ask for?

The reason why comptech s/c's are on a waiting list is because of the R&d. ive never heard of a single problem with the comptech sc and our model si's..

If i can find a bolt on turbo kit with the same reliability with more power, id buy it for sure.

·
Registered
807 Posts
With all my bolt-ons I think my Si holds her own.Im thinken when Hondata gets something out Im going to wait a year or so. If all of us do that then all the R&D money
and product will sit around in their wherhouse costing them money!!!Next time start
with the civic and not with the others.Or at least tell us that your working on it
full time and give us a kiss!I like when they said "We have no plans for the kpro at this
time" Well when it comes out I say "I have no plans to buy hondata at this time":dancing::thumb::box::waiting::coffee:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
only cool people drive forklifts.

<------- driver for costco :p

like i said before. if and when kpro comes out our options will expload. i think the tunning is the achillies heel holding companies back from going for it.

look how many options the rsx has. its only a matter of time.

my "other ride"

don't be jealous cuz they have jdm rims.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
only cool people drive forklifts.

<------- driver for costco :p

like i said before. if and when kpro comes out our options will expload. i think the tunning is the achillies heel holding companies back from going for it.

look how many options the rsx has. its only a matter of time.

i too have thought this, but again 3 years to figure out how to crack the tuning .... lame... everyone is on WRX's evos gtis and srt's cause they come boosted its easier for them to mod them... less work... and yeah i wonder why i didn't get one of those myself everytime one dusts me

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
if i wanted a car that everyone expects to be fast. i would have got one. its all about big things in small packages.. and suprises. with the right FI set up. when you roll to the track and smoke cars that cost 20 grand more then you. its priceless. ;)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
agreee but..........what about the cam's???? how do they work?????? I bet kpro is being held up by dbw......heres a thought by next year when there is more then 4or5 companys needed kpro and they all sell maybe totall 500 kits to every the that would put a fire under doug to get it done. or maybe it cant.........i mean tell me whats diffrent machanicly from the k20a2 and z3???? besides DBW????
Everyone feel free to ignore this mouth-breather...he's obviously here to stir up ****. With a whopping 4 posts and a name like that...you'd be better off trolling around H-T.

If you want the answer to your question, do a search. I personally won't even entertain your question b/c it's been addressed from day one when all the arguements over which K20 powered Honda/Acura was better.

You aren't full of original ideas or questions...you're just lazy. Do a search kid.:wavey:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
again, why is it taking years as opposed to months to develope these things the k20 is not a new engine

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
again, why is it taking years as opposed to months to develope these things the k20 is not a new engine

I think most people are missing the point. The K20 is not the main issues when it comes to building a kit for the 8th gen civics. The issue revolves around the CAN setup of the 8th gen and tuning options. There's only a couple of companies that are putting time to develop a tuning solution. The other companies are in wait state and once the tuning solution is realized most other companies will "literally" take that information and develop solutions on other companies R&D. The american way!!

Building a turbo kit or S/C is simple in the sceme of things and anyone with
knowledge of turbos and proper equipment can develop a kit in a matter of months.

My 2cents!:thumb:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts