8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i think that it would be a completely different experience. You are going from a small, quick, light civic. To a heavier and less agile SUV. I guess if you really need the AWD and storage space then by all means do what you gotta do. But just know that it would be a completely different car. Although...i do wonder what it's like to have a V-tec Turbo engine...lol. just my 2 pennies. =)

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
si is fine for winter. its fwd afterall and has VSA, just take off your summer tires if you have them. all seasons work fine. rwd cars are the ones that have a tougher time in winter

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
if you are going to get an SUV, the RDX is a fine choice. Quick, looks good, the only negative is it's gas mileage.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Do it.

or just wait till the rumored 2009 TSX comes out that is 2.3L Turbo AWD (basically the RDX sedan) and get that! I personally love the RDX but couldn't see myself in an SUV all summer, it would make me nuckin futs!

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I personally wouldn't do it.

Not because the RDX is a bad car, it is a nice vehicle and by all means is probably a little more practical for all conditions. But I'm 21 and to me the RDX is a soccer moms car. Maybe if I was 27 like you, and or married, or married and with kids I would consider it though.

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I personally wouldn't do it.

Not because the RDX is a bad car, it is a nice vehicle and by all means is probably a little more practical for all conditions. But I'm 21 and to me the RDX is a soccer moms car. Maybe if I was 27 like you, and or married, or married and with kids I would consider it though.
Haha! You callin me old, Sonny? :laughing:

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
Best thing to do is test drive it.

I have driven one quite a few times.The power is ok but as said they are gas guzzlers.The only dislike I find is it seemed to feel every bump in the road.

Other then that....if I had money to spend on an SUV I would go big or go home and get an MDX!:biggrin:

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
yoyo... i have an 06 also so no VSA and im ok in snow... i still say keep it, but if you absolutely have to trade i say RDX turbo!

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I guess you die and wither in the 6 years between 21 and 27. Some folks concepts really are just out there...
I didn't say that, but c'mon.

At 21 I'm a college student and have no need for a RDX or SUV. Idk the guy but by 27 some people are married and with kids and thats more the type of person i see needing/ driving a RDX.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts