8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my '07 SI sat from January 5th - 23rd and when I started it up I found the VSA, caution (triangle with explanation point), and check engine light. I was worried about a dead battery, not all these warnings, since Chicago had sub-zero temps for more than a couple days out of that time stretch. Went to Honda they said it would be 1.5hrs until someone can look at it. I run over to Autozone and pull the code which is a high intake temp sensor. I'm thinking MAF on the CAI but why would this trigger 3 lights?

Wait til Saturday to go to a dealership my buddy works at, just in case I need to order parts, and it turns out that this is the problem...salt had "corroded" the sensor. Sensor is due in Tuesday so I hope this fixes the problem. I'm going to keep the old sensor and try to clean it for a back-up.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have replaced the filter on my AEM CAI and have the original dry flow waiting to go through the "bath" process, so it wasn't from a dirty or neglected filter.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since I removed the sensor myself and placed it into an aftermarket part unfortunately the warranty does not cover this. If you still have the stock air intake system and this sensor goes bad I can't imagine Honda not covering this (as long as your car is still under warranty). Sensor goes for just under a $100. I didn't pay this but even if I did it's still a lot cheaper than sensors I have replaced in the past on my Pontiac and Dodge.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I replaced the sensor and the VSA and caution went away. I then cleared the code, high intake temp sensor, and after 2 days of driving everything is functioning normal with no CEL's.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right....I did it to myself to a degree because of the aftermarket intake. This time I put a little oil around the seal and got it good and tight but not stripped. Let's see if this one lasts more than 2 winters.....
How's your car coming along man? Any new mods after the jdm push start and caution button?

·
Registered
15,516 Posts
I picked up some use stuff from a member here:

This too but haven't install yet:

And this: CTR FD2 knob, collar and boot:

Now I'm just waiting on my tax return and getting the HFP suspension from CollegeHills Honda

And then I want to paint my stockies gold when it gets warmer.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Quit a bit of mod's you got there I'm jealous!! How's the P2R tbs?? I'm really interested in purchasing one myself!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked up some use stuff from a member here:

This too but haven't install yet:

And this: CTR FD2 knob, collar and boot:

Now I'm just waiting on my tax return and getting the HFP suspension from CollegeHills Honda

And then I want to paint my stockies gold when it gets warmer.

Very nice man, can't wait to see your car whenever the weather breaks. Are you thinking about pulleys? I was actually just thinking about the tbs and img as well as a high flow cat and hondata reflash. See if my mind changes by Spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.