8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Im not even going to bother ranting about it. I don't even know what to do, Honda won't call me back. By time i'm done paying for the car there won't be any paint left:sadwavy: I feel like I have to keep the car in the garage 24/7 or it will end up like this after every trip..The thing that sucks the most is that I had 10 more days left before I'm getting a clear bra put on...now I'm going to have to get this fixed and postpone that again:sadwavy: :chill:

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
MBK said:
just touch it up and put the bra on who cares
he does obviously. Why dont you state something useful? Not eveyone likes a bra. Unless its a womens and on the floor :laughing: :laughing: lol

Sucks Ted.... but I already read this in the thread. I guess the paint quality is cheap cuz we're not the ONLY ones with paint issues. :pat:

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
illusionstwice said:
he does obviously. Why dont you state something useful? Not eveyone likes a bra. Unless its a womens and on the floor :laughing: :laughing: lol

Sucks Ted.... but I already read this in the thread. I guess the paint quality is cheap cuz we're not the ONLY ones with paint issues. :pat:
i stated something useful "brah" obsessing over it is just going to drive the guy mad... just touch it up and put the clearbra on it. all new cars have thinner paint; its a fact. that's why they're put on many cars from porsche to ford to lexus.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
MBK said:
i stated something useful "brah" obsessing over it is just going to drive the guy mad... just touch it up and put the clearbra on it. all new cars have thinner paint; its a fact. that's why they're put on many cars from porsche to ford to lexus.
well u sounded like a **** the way u said it lol. just gonna keep it real. Anyway, :eek:fftopic:

Reactions: MBK

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Honestly, it looks like there's a pretty large size dent to go along with the chip... so it's not like a rock just 'brushed' up against the paint and chipped it... its like you were driving at high speed (highway) and a rock came at the car hard enough to dent it and take some paint off.... I wouldnt really call that 'abnormal'

·
Premium Member
11,200 Posts
honda wont cover your rock chips unless you got a generous dealer.
BTW paint on all new cars is thiner and more eco friendly

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Leonard1818 said:
Honestly, it looks like there's a pretty large size dent to go along with the chip... so it's not like a rock just 'brushed' up against the paint and chipped it... its like you were driving at high speed (highway) and a rock came at the car hard enough to dent it and take some paint off.... I wouldnt really call that 'abnormal'
Yeah there is a dent and I'm guessing it was from the highway. It's not so much the paint peeling off where the dent was, it's the fact that there are 4 other spots on the hood where it took of paint...oh well something you have to learn to deal with.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I don't think I want to do touch up paint just because I've seen some pretty bad touch up jobs. Depending on the cost to get it fixed i might just get a new hood from somewhere and slap the clear bra on that right when I get it who knows. Just need to learn to dodge those rocks I guess:iorun:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Snake-eyes said:
honda wont cover your rock chips unless you got a generous dealer.
BTW paint on all new cars is thiner and more eco friendly
yeah i've noticed that most of the new cars on lots already have small chips from test drives:iorun:

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
If you want to hear ranting and raving about bad paint, you should check the Infiniti forums like g35driver.com. There are pages and pages and pages of guys whose front ends and grilles were chipping within 100 miles. There is supposed to be a class action suit against Infiniti for their poor paint.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NitrousG35 said:
If you want to hear ranting and raving about bad paint, you should check the Infiniti forums like g35driver.com. There are pages and pages and pages of guys whose front ends and grilles were chipping within 100 miles. There is supposed to be a class action suit against Infiniti for their poor paint.
Damn I would have thought that they would have better paint:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
siracing17 said:
yea i went to the dealership and its not covered and to fix it, its going to cost over $500
I understand that to an extent, but it just sucks that this happens so soon:sadwavy:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts