8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some assistance and your opinions.

My brother has a 2001 Ford F-150 (Step-side) truck. It is a 5 speed manual trans and there seems to be something wrong, or at least unusual. When the truck is either warm or cold (all air/def is off) the truck would maintain a speed in 1st gear (4 mph warm maintaining 1k rpms, and 10 mph cold maintaining 1.2k-1.3k rpms) , up a hill without me (he can't drive at the moment) applying any gas and clutch is all the way out (foot sitting on the floor). I want to know is this normal? I have a 06' Si manual trans and as far as I know it would die if I tried this.

Could it be possible that either the throttle body could need some adjusting or could it be that the clutch is over adjusted and needs to be loosened a bit. Note you barely have to apply the clutch in order to shift without grinding. Say about a couple of inches if that.

·
8th-a-holic
1,293 Posts
Sign of a good solid clutch in an engine with something called Torque ;). Its just fine. I bet if you let the clutch out fast, it will stall.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yeah that's totally normal. I had the front end of my CRX up on jack stands with the motor running and the car in neutral and the front wheels just kept spinning. I thought something was wrong at first too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts