8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just looking at some suspensions and such. my question is: should i just get new springs (2 that i'm looking at: http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=19&products_id=858
and http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=36&products_id=272)
or
should i just get coilovers?

* i'm just looking at those 2 springs cuz i dunno how low my civic can go cuz i'm planning on putting 18inch rims with my tires so i dunno if i can go any lower. if i can then just let me know the drop limit.:thumb:. hopefully a greddy evo2 will fit and not be scraping the road :eek:hnoes:

dont flame me :pray:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Another new member..Welcome !!!

You new guys should really learn how to use the information available on this site by using the two methods provided. Use the 'Search" function at the top second from the right in the red line and enter your subject that is in question. If that does not help, use the "Sticky" in the blue highlighted lines at the beginning of each thread. Since 8th Civic Forum has been in existence for a couple of years almost every question has been asked and discussed. So don't be lazy. Spend some time researching and you may learn a lot more than just the facts you though you needed to know.

·
Registered
649 Posts
or....in regards to how the OP seems to be addressing the issue of swapping susp. parts, maybe he should just go over to the Appearance section and ask them: since that seems to be the only concern.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
get full coilovers...buy it once buy it right...f2, tein, etc....when you start changing springs w/o shocks/struts, the new springs were not designed to work with those struts/shocks...save yourself the money...buy full coilovers

·
Registered
649 Posts
get full coilovers...buy it once buy it right...f2, tein, etc....when you start changing springs w/o shocks/struts, the new springs were not designed to work with those struts/shocks...save yourself the money...buy full coilovers

...i partially agree.
should shocks and springs be replaced together: yes.
as you already know, do the common OTC coilover setups available to us properly answer that: no.

so, save your money, and don't buy full coilovers.....
...and read some stickies if you're actually interested in proper modification.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts