8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you get after market shocks does it matter what after market springs you buy? Do they have to be the same brand? I.e.(skunk2 shocks and springs) like the title says....noob i have no idea about this and the other threads didn't really help. If i missed one......my bad.....please no thread bashing. Thanks

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh ok cuz I was reading about the aftermarket shocks and it usually says how much of a drop they can handle and everyone says that a lot of times aftermarket springs will eventually tear up your stock springs so it sounds better to replace both.....even though not as many companies make shocks....

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
for the cost of Tein basics id throw down money for the Buddy Clubs, they have better features and cost about the same, I mean for the same money you get separate height and spring load adjustment, and adjustable damping force

or you can buy the Pro-S for something like 300 bucks less

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I have no experience with them personally as I went straight for the Pro-C, but I know a friend that has them and loves them, around here ive seen that some people think its too bouncy, some say its too stiff, I say so long as you lower it responsibly (i.e NOT slamming it or anyting like that) that you should be OK, and I dunno if its an accurate reflection since the Pro-C goes for twice the money, but the build quality of mine are stellar, Ive been running mie for 3 months, no problems, except my back, but thats my fault for keeping it too stiff

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I know. . . right:laughing:

but yeah the reviews on the Pro-S are mixed, but I honestly think theyll do fine if you dont subject them to too much abuse, I mean cheap or not its still coming out of a reputable company, not some cheapo eBay crap that wont fit right

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.