8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what all is NEEDED for a supercharger? i have a injen cai and the stock exhaust.. can i just get flashpro and the ct stage 1? im not looking for crazy hp gains since my car is driven every single day.. what are the most cost effective options i have.. thanks everyone..

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
what all is NEEDED for a supercharger? i have a injen cai and the stock exhaust.. can i just get flashpro and the ct stage 1? im not looking for crazy hp gains since my car is driven every single day.. what are the most cost effective options i have.. thanks everyone..
You can run the SC on stock everything. You won't make much power though.

With the preloaded base map for the CT stage 1 SC and a CAI you'll make right around 230ishWHP. I don't think that's the way to go. If you want to make good gains the 'cheapest' way get the Jackson Racing SC with some full bolt ons and a tune and call it a day. You'll be making ~300WHP with that. Just the JRSC and a CAI you can make around 240ishWHP.

But with either option I suggest you go for a custom dyno tune. And if you do go for the Jackson W/O a fuel system you'll need injectors, injector clips, and of course Flashpro. Either way you'll need Flashpro.

First course of action should really be bolt ons, but if you are REALLY set on getting a Super and want the most cost effective way go for the Jackson racing.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you need fp either way? doesnt that void warranty on the ct stage 1? and what bolt ons are you including when you say it can make 300whp?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
you need fp either way? doesnt that void warranty on the ct stage 1? and what bolt ons are you including when you say it can make 300whp?
You NEED some sort of tuning, no matter what SC you go for. You could go the cheaper route (which isn't very smart now) and get the Reflash from Hondata where you send your ECU to them, they reflash it, and you put it back in once the SC is on. I don't recommend this route because FP already has this 'reflash' loaded on to it.

You can stay CT stage 1 with Flashpro and still have your supercharger's warranty intact.

However, if you go to CT stage 2 your warranty is voided. That's why people go JRSC. It's basically the same exact thing as the CT stage 2 (slightly smaller pulley) and offers a good solid warranty.

The most recommended way to go if your SC'ing is getting a custom dyno tune. Although it isn't necessary (and you could get FP and load the base map on yourself) it's recommended so the car runs the safest and reliable it can.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and when you buy the jrsc kit, what extra things do you NEED.. do injectors come in the kit? i can find a good site thathas detailed info on what is included in the kit, and what else must be bought seperatly.. thanks guys

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cant find a good site is what i meant.. can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
cant find a good site is what i meant.. can anyone point me in the right direction?
There's an option for the JRSC to buy the kit with or without fuel system management. WITH includes injectors with harnesses AND a shipping label for you to send your ECU to for reflashing by Hondata. I wouldn't recommend this if you want the MOST out of your setup.

The kit W/O the fuel system does not have injectors. You need to be running safely good injectors (ID 725ccs are supposed to be great, RC 650ccs are okay), injector clips (Plugnplay Honda style), and Flashpro. Flashpro ALREADY has the base map for the JRSC loaded on it, which is the reflash from Hondata. Only stick with the reflash if you can't get a custom tune, but it's recommended.

You also need heat range bkr8eix spark plugs. NGK will make em, they are one step colder plugs that are needed if you plan to boost.

Again... to get the most out of the setup you should have full bolt ons and a decent tune otherwise you'll probably be running 240ishWHP with the JRSC kit and your intake.

·
Registered
982 Posts
just throwing this out there

read the sticky that dave posted!!
i wanted to go turbo but after reading that post, it made me scared and now i really don't want to do it, but now im looking at a supercharger instead
but its still deffinitley worth reading...props on that one bro

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
Why don't you do some research instead of just asking people to provide you answers. It's also silly to assume that what people are telling you is 100% accurate. Flashpro is NOT a requirement to run a blower. Anyone that tells you that is misinformed. Do some research and you will find better/more accurate answers.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Why don't you do some research instead of just asking people to provide you answers. It's also silly to assume that what people are telling you is 100% accurate. Flashpro is NOT a requirement to run a blower. Anyone that tells you that is misinformed. Do some research and you will find better/more accurate answers.
no, flashpro is not required. But highly recommended. He was just asking what his options are without the fuel system, so it wouldn't make sense to have to buy the reflash from Hondata. Flashpro already has the reflash.

But he has to know that he does either need the reflash or FP... no other way around it.

and teej808si... thanks! just tryin to help people in the same situation as me

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
flash pro isnt a requirement but a tuning solution is. Flashpro is the best choice out their for many more reasons. but if you want the other options there is flashpro, hondata reflash, and one other I cant remember its name. you could also use a piggy back setup but that is a bad choice because there is no cam angle control, and would cost more.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
flash pro isnt a requirement but a tuning solution is. Flashpro is the best choice out their for many more reasons. but if you want the other options there is flashpro, hondata reflash, and one other I cant remember its name. you could also use a piggy back setup but that is a bad choice because there is no cam angle control, and would cost more.
:pat: Why are you telling me what flashpro is? I own flashpro...

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
no, flashpro is not required. But highly recommended. He was just asking what his options are without the fuel system, so it wouldn't make sense to have to buy the reflash from Hondata. Flashpro already has the reflash.

But he has to know that he does either need the reflash or FP... no other way around it.

and teej808si... thanks! just tryin to help people in the same situation as me
Flashpro has the stage 2 reflash only. It will run with stage one, but you need the bigger injectors to run it. If OP wants a simple setup, I would recommend just getting a reflash from hondata.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Flashpro has the stage 2 reflash only. It will run with stage one, but you need the bigger injectors to run it. If OP wants a simple setup, I would recommend just getting a reflash from hondata.
^ Yeah, but if OP isn't knowledgable about the car and something goes wrong because the reflash isn't the most reliable option, he may be up S*** creek without a pddle lol. :woowoo:

But reflash has been fine for a lot of people who have ran it, some people just run rich with it. If he can afford a dyno tune... that'd be the way to go ya know?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
you made it sound like you dont need tuning for a blower so I quoted you so people knew what I was referencing to. I didnt respond to you I responded to the thread so get off your high horse dim whit. get over your self why do you think everything is an attack on you. grow up

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
No doubt a custom tune is the best option, but it just seems like the OP is looking for something simple, so a reflash would be the best way to go. This is just kind of a hot topic for me, because many people around here tell the noobs that flashpro is a requirement or that the reflash is unsafe, and neither of these things are true...

1 - 20 of 75 Posts