8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im new to this site and have searched the threads b4 posting this and couldnt find anything , so i have a 07 si sedan which i bought in aug. of last year it has 28 k miles. Fri night i ran it at the local drag strip and it was the first time i turned the trac conrol off and spun the tires,,, when i took off i spun and the passenger side made a really loud clunk like the axle broke or something , so today the roads were wet and figured id c if it would do it on wet pavement , sure enough when i hit 2nd gear it clunked really hard again like axle is snapping , anyone have this prob or know what it could b .. prob gonna have to take it to honda and have them look at it but wanted to ask on here to c if anyone has had this happen ...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think i did have some wheel hop but dont think that would make a sound like something snapping in half .... Another guy i know has a 07 sedan just like mine and he can put the e-brake on and sit in one spot and fry the tires and it doesnt make any noise at all ....

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
It's easy to see if you broke an axle in some cases. Jack it up and look underneath. Or if your car isn't dropped, see if you can view from the side. They're clearly visible. If you can't see any visible damage, have someone put the car in gear. If either shaft turns. and the car doesn't move = broken axle.

And have fun taking your car to a service department telling them that you tracked the car. I hope you had the intentions that you were going to pay out of pocket? Right axle is about $300.00, left is about $400.00.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts