8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since I installed my Boost Controller and Wideband Gauge, I'm getting a lot of noise/feedback coming from my speakers, the weird thing is that if I unplug the Boost Controller and the Wideband Gauge, the noise goes away. They are being powered through the fuse box.

When the Avic turns on, that's when the noise starts, then when I release the parking brake, the noise gets louder. This has been going on for a couple months and I'm at the point that it's pissing me off. I've tried to re-solder all the wires, checked most of the grounds and everything seems fine, so I don't know why or how the noise is happening.

Any ideas? :wavey:

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have amps/subs too?
What side of the car is the wire running on? drivers or passengers?
Yes, I have a Kicker 750.1 Amp and 2 12" Kicker Comps, but I was having this problem with the older subs and amp too. The power wire is running from the battery, through the glove box and around the passenger side to the the trunk. The remote wire and the RCA cables are running through the middle.

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always recommend running your RCA / and power on opposite sides to prevent that ****, I'm not a fan of running it thru the middle since you have more things that can interfere... The noise you hear is probably due to something bleeding from another wire close by.
I will try to run it through the driver side then. But why does the noise go away when I disconnect the boost controller and wideband gauge???

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Bringing this back up, maybe I can finally get it all figured out.

I took the car to an audio shop (not Best Buy or anything like that) a few weeks after this thread was posted hoping they would be able to get it all straightened out and stop the noise.

Well, they got pretty much all the noise solved BUT not all of it and then they did something else that bothered me.

#1 - I still hear a buzzing sound, it's not as loud as it used to be, but it's noticeable. It remains constant, so no matter what I do (turn on/off the lights, release the parking brake, etc) the volume of the buzz doesn't get louder.

#2 - They changed the volume on the D3. Before, I would drive around listening at around 15-20, now I can't go past 10 without blowing my ears.

#3 - Even when the volume is at 0, I can still hear the music playing

Any ideas/help?

P.S. BEFORE ANYONE ASKS, I TOOK IT BACK TWICE. They told me the wiring was fine and that they think damage could have been done to the wiring when I installed it previously, but the noise only started after the boost controller/gauge were set up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.