8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, lift engages fine, and all but I heard a weird rattle the higher I go in RPMS wise, its more apparent in the 7800+ than it is 5800+ range. Any Ideas?

It sounds like its coming from the shifter area or pedals, or inside its hard to tell any suggestions?

·
Registered
159 Posts
probably just paranoia.

the more aggresive lobes could be causing some NVH

I would worry about it unless its slow engaging vtec.

always keep your oil clean with variable valve timing enhanced engines.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Holy **** you're an annoying bastard! Quit bumping your own thread!

My car has this vibrating sound coming from the instrument panel area or maybe the engine bay when I hit Vtec. It's like a high frequency buzzing sound. I've started a few threads on it on this site and no solutions were ever found. Had Honda Canada involved and whatnot. They don't want to fix their rattletrap cars.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Well, lift engages fine, and all but I heard a weird rattle the higher I go in RPMS wise, its more apparent in the 7800+ than it is 5800+ range. Any Ideas?

It sounds like its coming from the shifter area or pedals, or inside its hard to tell any suggestions?
check out where your exhaust might mount to your car the rubber maybe wearing off

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.