8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, my fa5 is the first manual i've ever owned, therefore I'm not a very experienced driver. I've driven my friend's cars a few times but ofcourse that doesn't make me good at it. well i've had my fa5 for about a month and a half now and last week i began to notice that when im at a dead stop and i go into 1st as im releasing the clutch, the clutch makes this almost like creaking sound as if it needs to be oiled (i dont even know if you can oil a clutch) and kinda vibrates from that sound. in other words the clutch doesnt release smoothly. but it only happens in 1st gear but the other gears are fine. anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it?

thanks in advance,
adriel

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Mine did the same thing but in all gears in the summer. In cold weather it does not do it. My buddy recommended lithium grease on the rod that goes through the fire wall from the clutch. Well now it's cold again and it's gone away.

I should also note I took it to Honda and had a guy check it out he told me it was normal and everything was still working mechanicly in tip top shape and the guys at Drum Honda have not told me wrong in the past year I've done business with them so i think you might be fine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
my car did the same thing. Metal head is right. its just the Pedal assembly. Would also happen to me anythime i got in there with water on my feet which i assumed was just the wet rubber inserts on my pedal rubbing on shoes

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. i thought it was my shoes to so i took them off and tried to dry with my bare foot (not at all comfortable with the pedals we have. hehe) and the noise was still there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts