8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this doesn't piss anyone off but i just want to say how greatfull i am to not have had any third gear problems after 13k miles (knock on wood, i don't want to jinx myself). But, i like everyone else still hopes for somekind of fix for this.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
ive kept my fuel to full level the entire last week to present day...... no third gear prob, freak machine shifts like a dream.

i know....its not supposed to make sense.

on a diff note : I got a ticket, how much will insurance go up by ? 1st record.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Never had the 3rd gear thing too, but 2 (Flywheel) bolts came lose @ 20,000 miles. Honda had to replace my whole drive-tran.

"You'll notice it when your driving and it won't shift into certain gears"

·
Registered
701 Posts
^^ o snap! thats weird. that scares me from doing mods cuz stupid stuff like that happen and the stealership will most likely blame it on my engine mods.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I've had my FA5 since June 22 and my tranny is perfect. No grinding, no popping out. Just butta smooth. I am very careful in really cold Minnesota weather when first driving, but other than that, the shifting is crisp and precise.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Yea, what they said was, they'll check to see if there's signs of abuse! But then i had no Mods other then drop and wheels. Everything came out clean.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
glad to see more people that haven't had any problems, i hate seeing people with them (it hurts inside....lol)

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
It should hurt inside. It's cool if you don't have the third gear issue, but if you truly believe there isn't something wrong, than you deserve a slap, because around 200 people on this forum alone have put their names on a transmission issue list, specifically third. That's about 190 too many people to say that's solely "driver's error".

I truly hope Honda addresses this, and addresses it soon, else the car is going bye-bye.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
I've had my FA5 since June 22 and my tranny is perfect. No grinding, no popping out. Just butta smooth. I am very careful in really cold Minnesota weather when first driving, but other than that, the shifting is crisp and precise.
Same here, but not near as cold here in GA.
No complaints at all with tranny/dbw.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts