8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am back in Saskatchewan for Christmas and I have seen a couple DX and LX models with the SI wings. I even saw a Habbi with the SI wing and rims but it wasn't a SI model. I thought they only came on the SI models?

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
I've definitely seen a lot of coupes with the Si wings. It's a bit misleading, but you can't blame anyone considering it is an add-on accessory from the dealers. Habanero is exclusive to the Si trim.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yeah, I've seen a few non Si's with wings around here. The also have pinstripe that reads "Civic Sport". I bet it's one dealer doing that to jack the prices, at least in my area.

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
habbi is only available on the Si, so that car was definatly a Si.

you can buy any part for an Si at the dealer and put it on whatever car you want....
habbi is a dieing breed its not even made anymore... i thought about taking my si emblums off... but decided against it...

my last car a spacificly told the guy painting my car not to put any emblums on my car, it was to be free of the h's... well that didnt happen. he forgot :)

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
hahah habbi is probably my favourite colour for the civic! i would have gotten it if i bought a csx!

yeah there are a few si wings on coupes, i haven't seen any in TO but i hear of them. I think there was a dealership in Canada that was offering a package deal to make your coupe look like an Si or they just did it to a coupe etc.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
habbi is a dieing breed its not even made anymore... i thought about taking my si emblums off... but decided against it...

my last car a spacificly told the guy painting my car not to put any emblums on my car, it was to be free of the h's... well that didnt happen. he forgot :)
the color is still listed on the honda website. what year are they not making it anymore, 2009?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Habanero Red and Rallye Red are both available in the US, Tango Red is the only red available in Canada. Sucks ass!!! Sometimes I wonder what Honda Canada is thinking, same thing as when they didn't offer white on the Si in Canada but they did in the US...

·
Registered
929 Posts
Tango Red? Not sure where you're getting that from?
Looking at the brochure for the 07 Civic and then Honda.ca for 08 civics and while Habby is long gone, Rallye Red is still there.

I see where we're having a problem, I'm looking at sedans (where only Tango is available) you're looking at coupes (where only Rallye is available)

That burns my ass! I want to get a Rallye Red Si this fall but I have no use for the coupe... I guess it'll be White (but a co-worker just ordered one of those this week)

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
so basically if u have a habby go get like 10 coats of clear put on over it!
thats what im going to do but with some yellow and orange perl in it to make it more coppery...

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
yeah those colours are annoying... they had atomic blue in the US for sedans, but only for coupes here,

though they have neutron blue (different colour!) for the sedans which is basically a fiji rip off

there was also a royal blue that seemed to have disappeared

then theres the flourite silver and the achttp://www.8thcivic.com/forums/canada-east/70030-no-sis-si-wings.html
No SIs with a SI wings - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forumtual gray sparkle gray for hybrids ???

its hard to keep all the colours straight

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.