8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys! This is my first post on here because I noticed this is the place to be if you got a late model civic. I have an 08 civic ex.

Anyway my issue is my blower motor will not turn on and it's freezing cold in PA right now! I figured I would list everything I have done...

Directly test blower motor on a battery with jumper wires and it works
I have purchased a new transistor and that's not the issue
I have bought a new dash control unit and that's not it
Tested blower fuse (with test light) both underhood (40a) as well as under dash (fuse 36, 10a) and they are good
Tested rear defrost and it worked, so I swapped that relay with blower...no success :(
Finally I used the test light on the blower motor 2 wire connector and I'm not getting any power on the white wire with the igntion and heater switch ON, so since the blower relay is good I'm assuming I have a wire break somewhere between blower relay and the blower connector....

Does anyone know where this f'n white wire originates at? I've got like 8 very painful hours of working on this car and I'm going to lose it! Am I missing something? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm so any ideas? I am considering running a hot wire from a key power source on the fuse box to my blower motor since the ground is provided from transistor anyway so I will still be able to control with heater control knob.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any luck? My blower motor stopped working. I recently replaced the resister and motor and still not working. I'm not good with electrical so I am not sure how exactly to test for power. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some options...

We have two 8th gen Civics, an LX and an EX-L. Both cars have electrical issues causing the blower motor to intermittently fail (AC and heat). From what I have found, this is very common for some reason. Mine has been to the dealership so many times, they no longer even charge me diagnostic fees - because they cannot figure it out how to fix it.

We blindly took one of the cars to a new Honda technician for an oil change. Once it was complete and they said the car was in good shape, we asked if they noticed any problems with the A/C. Their response was "oh, do you have intermittent blower problems?" Honda knows!!

So, here are some options based on my research.

1. I think this 100% caused by a mysterious ground fault. Where? Who knows. I have replaced parts as well (fuses and switches). Dealer has replaced blower transistor. So, when your blower has failed try this....

A. Turn your ignition to the off position.
B. Hold down both the recirculation and rear defogger buttons.
C. Turn the ignition switch to the on position just before start.
D. The recirculation button lights up for a second or so indicating the test has started.
Result 1: If the light flashes 6 times, this indicates a possible ground fault in the blower motor or other fault in the blower circuit.
Result 2: If there are 7 flashes, the HVAC controller could be bad.

2. Log your issue over at CarGurus.
Honda Civic Coupe Questions - Anyone have a/c problems with Honda Civic? - CarGurus

3. Fill out the complaint form with the Lin Law Firm even if your issue is not exactly as written on their website. They are preliminarily investigating complaints surrounding this issue.
Honda Civic A/C Condenser Problems

":umad:" -Honda
"Yes." -Us

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check under glove compartment,there is a fan relay.I simply removed and replaced it,but the
resister in the relay can be replaced.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Glad to see you verified the fan motor first. Very common failure. The variable fan speed controller seems to be another weak link. Glad you got it figured out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts