8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm surprised there aren't more people pushing for someone (Energy Suspension) to make motor mount inserts considering how cheap they are for the DC5 and EP3. Skunk2's DIY front mount was a big hit w/ it being significantly cheaper than Boomba or Innovative mounts but RSX owners can buy front and rear inserts for a whopping $27.

I, along w/ two other 8th gen owners have already posted on Energy Suspension's product suggestion forum although feedback from them as been lacking so far to say the least. I think more of us need to post there and let it be known that motor mount inserts for the 8th gen Civic has the potential to be a very popular product. What do you guys say?

http://www.energysuspension.com/forum/index.php/topic,133.0.html

·
garage queen
17,376 Posts
I talked to them a year or so ago, they said they were looking for test cars. Not sure what happened with that.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As little interest there appears to be on here and by Energy Suspension, I guess I won't be holding my breath on these ever being developed.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was wondering the same thing. I've got a friend who's going to be installing inserts on his 04 Type S. I will have to compare if I get a chance.

·
Registered
514 Posts
yeah i never understood why inserts were not a option.. i mean if anything the si population is way bigger than the rsx one, and continues to grow.

11sec- i do not think they will work. might be same engine, but it is mounted completely differently to the body.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts