8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just yesterday, I went to use my high beams and I had none. Just did some looking here, but haven't found a solution yet. Here's what the current status is, and what I've checked:
  • I believe the stalk switch is OK; I get the blue high beam indicator when I push the stalk forward.
  • It also switches the factory fogs off when in the high beam position - already mentioned that the DRL lamp is ON.
  • When I pull the stalk towards me, it appears to flash the low beams, (not sure) as the brightness looks the same as when I turn on the headlights.
  • I've pulled and checked both visually and electrically these 4 fuses: 12,13,18,37. Low beams, fogs and all other lighting appears to be OK.
  • No mods to this system
I guess my next step is to pull & check both bulbs; I never had both go bad at the same time, but I guess anything is possible.

I'll post my findings once I check the 9005's - but would be interested in hearing any other suggestions!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well there’s a first time for everything. BOTH 9005 hi beam bulbs burned out at the exact same time! I’ll take this as a win...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts