8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite repeated posts and lots of views, I am still no closer to finding out how to change my civics' body control module, or even locating it. Surely someone can help, I know it's not a trendy thing like lowering, big brakes more BHP etc,but these niggles are important too!!! So come on chaps, help a struggling old fella out.馃檨

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I now understand why no one could help with my BCM problem. I located the BCM under the dash on the drivers side, RHD that is. It is forward of the fuse block which needs to be removed to access it, this in itself is a total ball ache. Then the module is located on a metal plate and is secured by four screws, one in each corner and have clearance of about 2cm from the car body, at this I despaired:eek: but all was not lost, the plate or mounting bracket had 2 visible10mm nuts which were removed, one with great difficulty, and as I secured purchase on the second one, I was thinking,"Yes, cracked it!" but no, the mounting bracket was as secure as ever:mad:.Where the rest of the securing nuts are, I will never know, because I am no taking the dash out!!! So it was built back up and I still have the problem of no sidelights. I can only think of rigging a remote sidelight switch to front and rear sidelights, can anyone direct me on how to do that? Many thanks, Rod.

Registered
Do a search on the forum for electrical issues. There should already be posts on how to wire a new line from the fuse box out to the switch then onto the lights. Should not be too hard as circuits work only one way.

Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts