8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
top speed auto too. but its not really a header more like a cat delete pipe coupled with a downpipe. since the exhaust manifold in built into the head.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But I would have to get rid of my CAT right, if so I live in Maryland, emissions testing is every year or two, not really worth it, thanks.

·
Registered
592 Posts
there is no true header for the r18. like someone posted earlier, the r18's main manifold/headr is built into the bloxk of the engine. The only thing close to a header is the megan downpipe, and weapon r header. both of which act as a downpipe/testpipe, that are larger than stock for better flow and delece the cat.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Well what you can do is keep the Cat, and when you have to get inspected, just switch it out. the only hard part of the whole thing is getting the O2 sensors off because you need to get a special too. Once you get that and it's pretty easy. Switch it out, get inspected and switch it back. It takes maybe an hour if you can get it on a lift.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
i just put the header/test pipe on my LX with the HFP axlw back and it sounds nice but a little raspy in high rpms. ebay header too lol but worth it

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well what you can do is keep the Cat, and when you have to get inspected, just switch it out. the only hard part of the whole thing is getting the O2 sensors off because you need to get a special too. Once you get that and it's pretty easy. Switch it out, get inspected and switch it back. It takes maybe an hour if you can get it on a lift.
haha thats more like an hour on jackstands and 20 mins on a lift

·
Registered
592 Posts
there is no true header for the r18. there are cat deletes such as weapon r, megan, and ebay. but the actual exhaust manifold is built into the block of the r18 motor.

I have an 09 ex, and will most likely get a weapon r in the future.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts