8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Realized I have been thinking answers but not posting them, it's a bad habit of mine, just ask my co workers! So here's a few replies specific to my situation.

... Hand on my heart, I have not once EVER scrapped on anything! Not a speed bump/hump, driveway, parking lot/garage entrance or exit, etc. If you go stance nation, sure, you're gonna have a bad day but I dont think it's as easy to get into scraping territory as people think. Like I said, with the top of my tire just past the wheel well Im definitely lowered and I have *never* scraped. Just food for thought. You may be in San Fran or the backwoods of Montana and actually need a lift but I live in a big city and havent had any problems. I suspect you could go with most kits that have lower drop rates like the 1 inchers and be fine. (if I can figure out how to post a pic I'll try to show what it looks like at the height Im at)
The really crappy thing is that I already scrape my front air dam thing every couple months, including on my driveway if I come in too hot. I work in a medium sized Midwestern town and most of the parking lot entrances are uphill and have visible scraping on them, a handful of them even scraped with the accord when I wasn't careful. So in my case its not really a question of if, but more a question of how bad.

K-Tuned K1's set to maximum height is apparently stock in the front and 1/2" in the rear.

Now the spring rates of 8k/7k might be too stiff for your liking
That is very interesting, and I would be tempted except that it probably is too stiff for me personally because even our repaired roads are rough and I don't want to accelerate the damage to my wheels or suspension any more than I have to. I kid you not, I jumped lanes to get around a pothole a full 8 inches deep the other day. Also, there's a seam on my typical onramp that stands over an inch proud right about where I need to be at speed. It's very exciting in the mornings, lol.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this point! I'm sorry if I ignored you

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Quick update, I've just placed my order for the tein h.tech springs and STR.t dampers. Can't wait to get them!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Not on topic exactly, but Chris is just so freakin nice! I ordered from redshift and he emailed me the next day to answer a concern i wrote in the order comments and we discussed the shipping for the order. Long story short he offered to hold them a couple days so they showed up on a specific day so I could sign for them. I thought that was worth letting people know just how great the service is over there!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I've had the h.techs and str.ts installed since October, and they are AMAZING. The car is visually much lower than I expected, and the car looks lower in person than in photographs. When walking to it in a parking lot now I have yet to see a car with the front lip any lower than mine parked nearby, which surprises me. I think I scrape with about the same frequency as before, but I also think the stiffer springs are actually offsetting some of the new scrapes from being lower and I don't really scrape in the same exact places as before.

I also installed Energy Suspension control arm bushings while I was in there and I slightly regret that decision. They made the install much harder, and my ride comfort over smaller bumps has been reduced. Interestingly, I think the overall ride is more comfortable than stock. In the past anything over an inch in height (yay snow plows) was a freaking catastrophe in terms of sound and feel from the cabin. Now the smaller stuff feels a little worse than it used to, but the bigger stuff doesn't feel much different from the small stuff, so it's been much more comfortable overall. There is certainly more stability on country roads, and from the drivers seat the car generally feels more predictable and smooth, maybe a touch more responsive.

When it comes to corners the car is a monster now, I had basically bald tires for about two months after the swap (there was a kerfuffle) and even bald the grip was dramatically better than stock. Now that I've got the new tires (Potenza RE980AS) on I've never even come close to feeling the grip limit, and I've tried a few times. . . responsibly.

I think I mixed topics there, but I wanted to make sure I actually put an ending of sorts on this thread. Thank you to everyone to chipped in!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts