8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the other day that the new civic really doesn't have a deck that you could upgrade, guess it's just speakers and subs with this civic.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You CAN upgrade the head unit. You will need to buy a dash kit in order to mount the head unit in the dash.

·
Registered
241 Posts
jnuzzi said:
You CAN upgrade the head unit. You will need to buy a dash kit in order to mount the head unit in the dash.
they have a dash kit for the lx? you can only upgrade if you have a dx but this has been talked about before

·
Registered
98 Posts
Step 1: Buy dash piece from DX

Step 2: Upgrade head unit

Step 3: Enjoy :cool:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
i was thinkin the same.... replace the dash... but i dont wanna loose the steering wheel controls... so maybe im gonna leave the way it is

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I was thinking on what to do. Most likely gonna leave the dash and just get some 12's for the trunk and new speakers.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Everybody.... hold on to your pants.... new dash kit. I cannot find it anywhere but here is the schematic:

What you are looking at is the dash kit with the circle around it and the number #13.

If you were to purchase the in-dash 6 CD changer then you would have this peice already. However, if you're like me and chose the stock head unit then you get the dash piece number B-16-10. I'm looking for the #13 and if anybody finds it please post a link here.

https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hon...slsareacd=KA&hp_system=G&hp_component=B++3710
* If the illustration number is not listed the part is not availible

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I got two 10's for the trunk and it rounded out everything nicely. A little too much at times, but I can turn it down.

the_alpz said:
Yeah, I was thinking on what to do. Most likely gonna leave the dash and just get some 12's for the trunk and new speakers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
peliROJO said:
I'm looking for the #13 and if anybody finds it please post a link here.
They had 13 available, but I posted up about hondapartsdeals.com on a couple other websites for people who wanted to upgrade, so they must've sold out of the part.

If you go to the dealership, they can order it for you, it will just take a week or so.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
hey, cool! when I was shopping around for a headunit all the installers/sales reps said it would be no problem to get the part, but when I asked what part would they get, "uh... I don't know" was their response. :)

I'm gonna call my dealer now....

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
what a joke! the parts manager said he could only find one dash piece, wouldn't tell me what it was, and was completely disagreeable. it wasn't me it was him. :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Another dealership was much more helpful and it looks like you can order the part from HondaPartsDeals.com

Look under the Navigation model Civic and the part is listed under #13.
https://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts_list.php?hp_queried_components=0&hp_series_id=2718&hp_series_model=CIVIC&hp_series_year=2006&hp_series_door_ext_grade=4DR+EX+NAVIGATION&hp_series_transmission=5AT&hp_series_slsareacd=KA&hp_system=G&hp_component=B++3710

77250-SNA-A01ZA 013 PANEL ASSY., CENTER (NAVI) Uh gun metallic 1 $42.85 $31.62

1 - 15 of 15 Posts