8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

No crank no start

6K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  EpistleNo.81 
#1 ·
HELP!!! I have a no crank no start issue on my 09 fa5. I changed the starter, starter relay, battery is good, fuel pump kicks on, spark plugs are new, and ignition switch is working fine. I threw in 104 octane booster the day before and car was running like it should. The next morning i go to start it up and does not crank, not even a click. Please help ive tried almost everything.

#3 ·
Looks like there is no power supply to the starter motor. Please use a multimeter to check if there is power supply to it. You can also apply direct power from the battery to the starter motor to check if it is turning on.

Since you said that the battery is good, are the lights and horn working? I would also recommend to connect a multimeter to the battery terminals and check if the voltage is dropping below 12V when you try to crank.

And most importantly is there a CEL?

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Looks like there is no power supply to the starter motor. Please use a multimeter to check if there is power supply to it. You can also apply direct power from the battery to the starter motor to check if it is turning on.

Since you said that the battery is good, are the lights and horn working? I would also recommend to connect a multimeter to the battery terminals and check if the voltage is dropping below 12V when you try to crank.

And most importantly is there a CEL?

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk
lights and horn come on just fine no dimming whatsoever. Cant check for a CEL because the lights just come on as accessories and turn off when i try cranking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.