8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I have just painted my calipers and changed my front rotors. Now I have the problem with the brake pressure. I tried to bleed the brakes and that still isn't working. It also says my ebrake is on wen it is off.

· Registered
3,830 Posts
I would say you are doing something wrong if you have no fluid on the floor. That means the fluid is staying in the lines. So I know these are stupid questions dont get offended but we need to know.

Is the fluid topped off and are you making sure you are not forgeting to fill it while you are bleeding the lines?

· Registered
285 Posts
i had a similair problem when I changed my rear brake pads. Well maybe the same problem. When the car is on the pedal goes to the floor but when it is off it is solid. I talked to a very very knowledgable friend about it and he said that on hondas some of the brake lines dont allow all of the bubbles to come out all the way. He said the only way to get them all out was a pressure bleeder to force it out. I am trying this next week and will let you know how it goes.

· Registered
222 Posts
i think your wrong. i took it directly from the manual ;)
+1 FL,FR,RR,RL Is correct as he stated, its not furthest away as it is on older cars. I believe when yuo're bleeding you're not supposed to touch the brake pedal to the floor. Right after doing it did you pump the brakes until yuo felt a little tension. Was you brake fluid ever low? Did yuo by any chance mess w/ the piston on the caliper? you can take it off the car and test if its compressing and decompressing. There was/is no reason for you bleeding the brakes if you didnt disconnect them. good luck, when you think you got it figured out, drive safely and slowly.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts